Sunday, January 11, 2009

Oh Boy!

So here they are in their Christmas outfits.  I am a little sad with the pictures, but you know... this is how the day went.  I took another lazy Sunday morning, using the excuse that it is the Sabbath and I shouldn't take down the Christmas decorations.  The kids ate a late Breakfast, which I was happy for because this meant that they wouldn't need lunch before Stake Conference at 1:00.   I did the girls hair and had a shower and by the time I got them outside to take pictures it was 12:45!  Yup, should be on the way to the Stake Center at this point, not taking pictures.  I tried to get shots using natural light and the flash, but in my flurry, was unable to find all my equipment (even though I thought I put it all together! you know those moments when you know you put something in a "really smart" spot?).  So outside we went to use all natural light.  Luckily we live somewhere where the kids can go outside in just a sweater in January.   They were cold outside though, and Liza did her normal way of coping with such a situation, Ran around like a maniac!  Which is really nice when she has 3 little monkeys right behind her.  When I finally got them together, I didn't have my wits about me anymore, so this is what I got :-(  The girls dresses are so pretty, I feel like these pictures don't do them any justice.   We jetted off to Stake Conference, only to arrive about 20 minutes late.  We snuck in the back and tried to be quiet.  Brent is "on call" today, which really means, he has to work a 30 hour shift, it has nothing to do with calling, cuz he is there and is the Dr available in L&D.  So I personally think it is silly to call it "call" when there is no calling going on.  :-)  Anyway, it was just me and the kids.  I made it until about 2:45, then I got up and demanded that they all follow.  I'd had it, the whining, the craziness, the loud gym floor, and more then anything the embarrassment that my 10 yr old thinks that she should kneel on the floor and color!  We had a long talk on the way home.  Since we've been home, I made pancakes, and Katie burned her little finger tip on the grill.  I had told her not to touch it, and that it was hot.  But when we sat down at the table she started to cry.  She had burned her finger, but didn't say anything until she couldn't stand it any longer.  Poor girl nursed that little finger all through dinner and after.  She has a little blister too.  :-(  The kids and I watched "college road trip" and then they went back to the Ballistic play that they have been doing all day except for while we were at the Stake Center and while the TV was on.  Days like this make me want to park them in front of the TV all day.  I think that some days, Liza wakes up with an extra hint of energy and she just goes all day long at full throttle.  There has been a LOT of screaming, and shouting, singing loudly and best of all Fighting.  The latest fight has been that the girls will pair up and exclude Alex, which he finds highly offensive.  He is absolutely convinced that if I had another baby, and it was a boy that all his troubles would be over.  I warn him that we can't pick, and it could be another girl... then he would really have troubles!

I have been doing an amazing job this week at avoiding all responsibilities.  I have so much that needs to be done, that I find myself overwhelmed and dealing with it with denial.  My house is a disaster area...  sure it is "clean"  but full of clutter.  Christmas decorations are STILL up, and junk is everywhere.  I need to develop a system and get this junk out of here!  I need to get my brain in MOVING MODE.  
I have researched a few of the places that we may end up and have found that the "least desirable place" to everyone, is actually not that bad...  Ft. Leonard wood, MO.  Seems that a small town near by called Rolla has a great rec center.  That there is tons of camping and excitement with in 2 hours of the town.  :-) (yes, having shopping only 2 hours away is a treat compared to some of these places. :-) )  Oh dear.  I think I will get very good at on line shopping if we end up at some of these spots.  Anyway.  I am trying to come up with positive things about each place so that we can be happy with what ever we get.  :-)  We'll see.
So that is what is up with us.  If I live through the craziness in the basement right now, I will take down those decorations tonight.  There, now I said it, I have to do it.  :-)

12 comments:

tracey said...

You need to have an "event" at your house... that's what forced me to take my Christmas stuff down! I HATE Stake Conference with kids. Such a waste of time and energy. We just keep telling ourselves... "just go and be a good example." Argh!!
Sounds like a fun day at the Walls! I can SO totally see Liza running around with all her little chicks following her :D
I still think the picture turned out cute! Try again next week on Saturday morning when you can say "Look cute for the pictures or clean your room" You might have a bit better luck.
As far as towns go... don't forget to check out the wards!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Stake conference is the worst on "call" days. You did a great job getting through it. At your next place, call will really involve a phone. It will be better. I bet you can have the house of your dreams in MO. Then there will be a place for everything and you will have your husband back. I though the picture looke cute. It caught everyones personality.

Tracy said...

So sorry you had a stressful Sunday. I won't tell you how I stayed in my pj's all day long then, that way I avoided any stress by not leaving my couch. Good luck with the packing. You'll love on-line shopping! It's so fun to click a few buttons and "poof" in a few days you get a package at your door! It's addicting!

couplabz said...

I agree with Tracey, an event helps get everything put away. We had an event this weekend and it got Patrick to put all the Christmas stuff away before people came for it.

And I think the picture is good. You're just going to be grateful you have a picture even if it isn't perfect. And I agree that all their little personalities show in the picture.

Anonymous said...

They are all adorable

Jenni said...

Good luck with getting the decorations down and getting your house ready for a move! I like that picture of the kids too - how cute they are in their Christmas finery!!:)

Cami said...

I have taken down my Christmas stuff and it is all sitting in a pile in the living room. Lame. I'd better take it down before my students come for the SECOND time and see it all still sitting there.

I think the picture is a success, but then, I think getting all of my kids in a picture at ALL is a success. Cute faces are optional, bribing is required.

Jann said...

Man, I do not like days like this. I think the picture is adorable. I hope you have had better days since.

Barbara said...

Hey if you live in mo we wouldn't be too far!!Think of the weekend trips we could plan!!!
I love that you found an outfit for alex to match the girls.

Holly said...

Sorry about the stressful day, but that picture is so cute!!

Annie and Justin said...

I can't believe how big your cute kiddos are!!! They are jsut darling we sure miss those cute, silly kids! Jusitn and I joke about him being a popsicle and melting, do you remember that>?

Corinne said...

This post slays me. Seriously, we share the same world. Could you SEE us at stake conference? OH MY WORD. TORTURE. We should sit near each other to make ourselves feel better :)