Thursday, June 5, 2008

Strawberry Picking

In this "year of lasts" that we have here in Maryland, I will cherish every trip to Larriland Farms.  It is a "you pick" farm that we frequent.  Spring offers us the yummiest strawberries ever! 

I bought the girls these darling little "gumboots" for picking because we have had so much rain. Lucky us, there was straw down, so we didn't really need the boots, but they made for cute pictures.
The kids ate their weight in Strawberries.  Here is Natalia enjoying a nice juicy one.  
Katie smeared with juice.  Yummo!!!  She ate SO many strawberries!  I think they gave her a belly ache.  I know that I saw her with more then one green strawberry.  Poor gal.
                                                    BEFORE                               AFTER

LOL!!!!
Tori did do some picking... she brought me about 2 baskets full of berries. And several little wild flowers that she and her pals were finding. 
And the photo that I have had in my mind since Easter when I bought the bonnets on clearance. I LOVE IT!
All Gone.  Or maybe it's "here's the first one..." he looks far too clean for it to be "All gone."
I love his little rubber boots down there.  :-)
Katie's first juicy bite.  SO SO yummy.  She was pretty excited about this field full of one of her favorite foods.
Mama's pickin' with babes strapped onto their bellies.  

I got to take a few shots around the farm afterwards.  These are just a few from that time.
I have a lot more..... But this post took all day to compose, so this will do for a bit.
Look at the grins on these boys.  They're too cute!
Ah, the boots.  I had to have a shot of just the boots.  :-)  
One last strawberry, okay mom?

We had a blast.  We picked 11.5 lbs.  Then we had lunch with our pals, and took tons of pictures.  Then we came home and Tori and I made jam.  23 jars of it!  Those pictures are still to come.  There will be more strawberry pictures soon.  :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are sooo beautiful! What a fun time. That's a much more fun way to get strawberries rather than buying them at Weis. You are so talented with your photography.

Mendy said...

I love eating a strawberry that's been warmed by the sun! These are great photos, too. I'm impressed with your jam making.

kristin said...

yum! that looks delicious!! your pics are soo great! Brent should just quit his job now and let you support you guys just doing photography! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the black and white of Tori! The pictures of the boys look awesome!! I look silly:) barbara:)

Corinne said...

Lovely fun times!!!

Jeri said...

I adore strawberry picking. Your photos look so good..nice variety!

Cami said...

I love the pictures, and the strawberries look fantastic! I wonder if my boys would pick them even if they don't like to eat them . . .

Anonymous said...

Oh fun fun, I miss those times pickin' . And I say take as many pics as you can, you do an awesome job!

Spilter said...

Great pictures! Love them.
Amber