A HOCKEY STORE!?!?!
This store was a Hockey Heaven! I've never seen quite so much hockey gear in one place. It was really cool, and totally Canadian!
Pads and goalie masks.
Hockey gloves........ and more hockey gloves... WOW
WOW... maybe this isn't as cool if you're not a hockey fan, but seriously....look at all this stuff.
Brent and the girls enjoying the store... I think Brent was over stimulated. :-) Boy did he wish he could justify purchasing all new hockey gear.
I LOVE THIS PICTURE... this is so CANADIAN!! Usually you see shoes lined up like this... SO COOL!
Once again, I had to squeeze in visits... so the trip out to this "new mall", was partially made because we would be closer to my cousins, and they could come out and meet us at the mall. It was so great to see them too. Above is Alex, Jace and Liza
And my cousin Tobie and I. Tobie is my age, and we were raised pretty close to each other. We spent a lot of summers swimming and riding bikes together.
And Michelle came out to visit too. It was SOO nice to see them, even if it was really quick and at the mall where we were totally distracted by food, kids and shopping. :-)
Here are Conner, Katie and Tori. Conner was REALLY excited to be at the mall meeting up with cousins that he doesn't recognize.
This made me laugh... Here is Tobie, taking a turn shooting a gun at Bass Pro shop. YES! That is a coach purse hanging off her arm... LOL I just thought the whole situation was funny. :-)
While at the mall, I ran into an old friend. I knew Doug from back in the days when our families used to camp in the same camp ground, and then as we got older we would see each other often at the regional dances on Saturday nights. It was funny running into him.
Lil' Jack and Katie.
I loved this display in the mall... It says: "Hockey definitions: Webster's: A game played on an ice rink by two teams with six players on ice skates who's object is to drive the puck into the opponents goal with a hockey stick. Canada's : LIFE"
I was also lucky enough to be in calgary on the day of an old friends wedding reception. Brad and I were in seminary together, went to dances together, he even dated a friend of mine, we were friends for a long time. Brad is a guy who has just the hugest heart, and I am so happy that he finally found a wonderful woman to take to the temple!
He is such a goof ball, I hope this sweet girl has her seat belt fastened.
I had to laugh at his white socks! Really Brad??? White socks!?!?! Oh dear.
Somehow I DID get a picture with my dad... maybe because he isn't camera shy. I don't know why. None the less, I have one. We had a weaner roast at his place one night... the kids love to play in that big back yard, jump on the trampoline and have cook outs. On this particular night, I showed up at dads expecting to eat hot dogs and was delighted to find that he had picked us up some stakes and was Bar BQ ing stakes..... ALBERTA BEEF stakes. Oh YUMM O!!! They were absolutely divine!!! I love me a good old stake. And a pic of dad with the kids too. We sure had a good time in Canada. Spending time with Family is a wonderful blessing that we don't get to partake of very often. We had a great day, every day and are so thankful for those who hosted us.

5 comments:
I love the skates picture:) I'm glad ur trip was so fun! Oh-I love the white socks pict! I'll have to make sure my boys know what to wear with black! haha:)
You got some really good pictures.....I love the ones of you and your Dad....so nice. Cory was laughing at me shooting the gun with my pink polka dot shirt and pink Coach purse!!!
I love the one of Jack and Katie, remember when she moved her little hamburger and fries to the table just to sit with Jack. What a sweetie! And then he acted like a typical boy.....oblivious to her wanting to be friends.
Wow, it looks like you guys had a wonderful time that hockey store looks really cool. Good pictures!! I love the picture of you and your dad. That will be one to treasure for years to come.
I'm so enjoying working my way through all your trip reports. Nice job getting it all documented. What a treasure!
You have done a lot of blogging the past few days!! I can't believe all the people you were able to connect with while you were on vacation. We never do nearly that good of a job when it comes to seeing old friends and family when we are on vacation. And, I love the moments you chose to write about. You will be glad you have these memories.
Post a Comment