The drive from Bend to SLC... one word.... UGLY!!!
Bleck, no pictures of that, that's for sure!
But once we got to Salt Lake we had fun! I forgot my camera on a very special day, but my dear friend Jeri did not. (and she's the better photographer anyway... :0) ) So I am stealing her blog.. and calling her a "guest blogger".
Jeri:
First let me set the stage.
This is a great story!
My friend Christie and her family moved to Tennessee a year ago. Before they left our families did EVERYTHING together since about July 2006. Wyatt's best friend was Alex, and Natalia's best friend was Tori. We were the best of friends, and there has been a big hole in our hearts since they moved away.
Christie and I found out that we were both going to be in Utah at the same time, and we hatched a fantastic plan to meet up BUT not tell the kids and let them discover their friends on their own. I didn't even tell my Mom or anyone about the plan so I wouldn't accidentally ruin it!
We met at the big fountain at the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City. The fountain is giant and so fun to play in, and every 15 minutes or so it becomes a water/music show. We got there first and played. While I waited my heart was POUNDING! I was so excited to see them.
I saw the Wall family walking up and the music show began. It wasthis song...so this entire experience was set to music and made it super emotional!
The Wall kids got ready to go into the water, while Christie, Brent and their oldest daughter, Liza, sat on the bench and watched.
This is the first picture I took! Do you see how close they all are to each other!!! Wyatt in blue, Alex in the red/black trunks, Tori in green, and Talia in blue.
They ran right passed each other! Talia had a goal to get back over there,
and didn't even see Tori coming!
Talia yells to Wyatt, "THE WALLS ARE HERE!"
Wyatt starts scanning for his friend. This is when he spots him.

The next photo I took was these two little friends
who picked up exactly where they left off one year ago.

This is a great story!
My friend Christie and her family moved to Tennessee a year ago. Before they left our families did EVERYTHING together since about July 2006. Wyatt's best friend was Alex, and Natalia's best friend was Tori. We were the best of friends, and there has been a big hole in our hearts since they moved away.
Christie and I found out that we were both going to be in Utah at the same time, and we hatched a fantastic plan to meet up BUT not tell the kids and let them discover their friends on their own. I didn't even tell my Mom or anyone about the plan so I wouldn't accidentally ruin it!
We met at the big fountain at the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City. The fountain is giant and so fun to play in, and every 15 minutes or so it becomes a water/music show. We got there first and played. While I waited my heart was POUNDING! I was so excited to see them.
I saw the Wall family walking up and the music show began. It wasthis song...so this entire experience was set to music and made it super emotional!
The Wall kids got ready to go into the water, while Christie, Brent and their oldest daughter, Liza, sat on the bench and watched.
This is the first picture I took! Do you see how close they all are to each other!!! Wyatt in blue, Alex in the red/black trunks, Tori in green, and Talia in blue.
Talia runs over to tell me. I tell her, "I know!" and to go play! She heads back over.
See this "Kodak Moment".....................
See this "Kodak Moment".....................
They ran right passed each other! Talia had a goal to get back over there,and didn't even see Tori coming!
Talia yells to Wyatt, "THE WALLS ARE HERE!"Wyatt starts scanning for his friend. This is when he spots him.

THIS is how they say hello!

This is where I tear up every time....
The next photo I took was these two little friends
who picked up exactly where they left off one year ago.

Simone did this most of the time.
All the kids!

One of Christie and I.
OH what a memorable experience this was! We went to lunch, and the kids played at a little arcade. Then it was time to say goodbye again.
We should do it again, Christie! We'll make some plans! =)
OH what a memorable experience this was! We went to lunch, and the kids played at a little arcade. Then it was time to say goodbye again.
We should do it again, Christie! We'll make some plans! =)
Back to me:
It makes my heart hurt just looking at these. Mostly for Alex. Wyatt was his best friend. People like that don't come along every day. Sure we can find friends that are good friends, people we can hang out with and invite to parties, but to find your bestest bestie, and have to leave, that's rough. He still struggles finding someone and it's been over a year. :-( I wait for a new boy to move into the ward that maybe, just maybe will hit it off with him. Until then, we'll wait patiently for a visit with Wyatt again. It was a fun day. Lovely company. The only thing that could have made it better would have been just one hour of shopping with Jeri. We love to shop together. I miss that. :-) Good times, great memories. Thanks Tidwells.











3 comments:
Guest blogger! Now I can cross that off my list! LOL!
It was such a great meeting. I agree about the shopping. I don't know if I'll ever meet someone that is willing to shop open to close with me ever again. That would have been the perfect ending to that lovely day!
You are silly. You are a great photographer! Your pictures would have looked just the same, just from the other side of the fountain. =)
How fun to surprise the kids like that! That's awesome
Love that! How fun for your kids to spend time together again!
Post a Comment