Friday, October 8, 2010

Stampede Day 2

Sadly... the only picture I have of my mom from our trip. And it's her elbow. :0( But.... The way Katie is looking at her, speaks volumes about how this child adores her Grandma! Such a sweet little smile as she listens so intently. I LOVE this picture of Katie.
So Day TWO of Stampede was all about rides! The kids had a blast!! It was MUCH warmer this day!! Much better for riding rides.
Alex and Tori.... they loved this ride. They rode two different versions of this one, and several times i may add.
The whole gang, chillin' for a minute in the shade.
We got to go in and watch a Figure skating show. And wow, I was so impressed by it.
Elvis Stojko (an Olympic Figure Skater) performed beautifully. The music was fun, and oddly enough, a little hard rock ish.... it was weird, but cool
This cool guy did some amazing moves using his incredible upper body strength... it was nutty how he could move on that pole with no supports what so ever!
AND....... We got to watch Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir (Canadian Olympic Gold Medalists)!! They were beautiful, and as far as my totally untrained eye could tell, flawless. It was such a pleasure to be there and see them skate.
and them more rides.....
and More rides.......
oooooh and a picture of me in my cowgirl gettup. I took this so that I could send it to Michelle while I was away, but then I didn't load it onto a computer so that I could send it... so now EVERYONE gets to see it. :-P
And..... more rides....
and..... Tori is getting sick of riding the little cars, but clearly, they are still super cool to Katie. LOL!!!
And as the night gets dark... (10:30pm) the kids go round and round, on their favorite ride. The lights all flashing and the games buzzing with prizes and winners.
This is another favorite picture of mine. The girls are trying to race around and get back on the caterpillar roller-coaster for the 12th time before it shuts down for the night. Tori has take the lead roll here in helping her little sister get off that last big step quickly so they can make it around before the man turns off the ride for the night.
And then, at nearly midnight, when it seems you just may die from all the walking around, and listening to kids whine..... you buy some fresh potato chips, throw on your own seasoning, salt and malt vinegar for me, and you watch the fireworks.

And you eat...... your very last "those little doughnuts" for the season.
and just incase you're wondering...... Yes...... he ate 100 over the 2 day period. LOL!! and he said that last one tasted delicious!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Awww ... I love the picture with Katie and her grandma, absolutely adorable!!
Wow!! Those rides look FUN!! I've got to find an amusement park close by to satisfy my craving for an adrenaline rush, lol.
You're cowboy gid'up? Very cool! I love it, and those boot? Whoo wee!! lol Now, case you're wondering those would not be mucking the barn clothes. Those clothes would be considered practical and comfortable, lol ..... just sayin' .... :)

Tobie said...

Looks like you guys had fun at the Stampede!! Did Brent have a tummy ache? I can't believe he ate THAT many!

Love the first picture of Katie!! What a sweetie!

Tracy said...

What fun times you are having! You probably don't miss at all! Your family looks so good. Love your outfits and your jewelry!