We went on our first trip to the "HONEY STORE". The kids LOVED it. They got to see a working hive through a plexiglass window, and try on some bee keeper gear.
Above Alex... Below Liza...
Grandma spoiled them and bought them each their own bottle of honey. Liza has taken quite the liking to Dandelion Honey, and has gobbled it up and since asked Grandma to send more. I always find it fascinating how different the honey's can taste.
The Man at the Honey store gave us a mini tour and a little lesson on how honey is harvested and spun and what makes creamed honey and what kinds of honey different plants yield. It was VERY interesting. For some reason, I really enjoy these little pieces of information.
One day, while at Grandma's house the kids got into the recycling and the gave Grandma the gears about her addiction to Diet Pepsi. See their tower of bottles, and their faces of pure disgust. LOL Too funny.
A Lego store was recently opened in the mall and Katie had to have a picture by the giant lego woody. I took pictures of these Lego versions of the Stampede parade because I thought they were so clever!..

One of our favorite things to do while visiting Calgary is to visit with the Lee's Family. When I was about 13 I started to babysit for the Lees. At first it was just my little sweet baby Victoria. She was just a few months old and so beautiful!! She was just my little sunshine. I canceled plans to babysit for them..... I would come and take Tori (who we now call "big tori", because of my "little Tori") to the Zoo with me when I got my drivers license. She was my side kick. I even bought her matching red boots. We were pals. Marybeth and Lawrence were almost like another set of parents for me, but they were like friends and parents. They knew my boyfriends, they knew what was going on with me, and they were people I could confide in. Eventually they had another baby... Timmy. I went to collage soon after he was born. I was sad to leave... I cried when I left their house. I think I've done that a few times actually. I truly love this family. They are like my own family. They are precious to me. Marybeth and Lawrence now treat my children like their own grand babies (even tho they are far to young to have grand babies), and it is so fun to visit! This visit Marybeth decided it would be fun to go and float boats in the babbling brook, of Babbling Brook Park. (I put this name in there because I will never forget talking to little Tori on the phone after they had moved to Babbling Brook park, and her telling me the name of this place in her little voice.... she was so articulate)
This visit Marybeth decided it would be fun to go and float boats in the babbling brook, of Babbling Brook Park. (I put this name in there because I will never forget talking to little Tori on the phone after they had moved to Babbling Brook park, and her telling me the name of this place in her little voice.... she was so articulate) So here is Tori following her boat down the brook.
This visit Marybeth decided it would be fun to go and float boats in the babbling brook, of Babbling Brook Park. (I put this name in there because I will never forget talking to little Tori on the phone after they had moved to Babbling Brook park, and her telling me the name of this place in her little voice.... she was so articulate) So here is Tori following her boat down the brook.
And Katie, if you look closely there are two boats there. The kids decided that their boats needed drivers, and so.... being like a Grandma, Marybeth searched the house and came up with some little guys to tape to the tops of the boats. It was great fun.
Liza Posing in a tree.
Tori soaking her feet in the cool water.
Liza Posing in a tree.
Tori soaking her feet in the cool water.This is my baby Tori, and her boyfriend Connor and little Timmy. Oh how my little ones are WAY too big! I had to have a picture... and I had to post both of these pictures, cuz in the one above, I cracked a funny, and I just love the laugh that I got out of them. :-) I Love that I made them laugh like that.. it makes me happy.
There, now... all posing.... with their sweet smiles. UH, just doing this blog makes me miss them a million times over.
Lawrence makes "WILD WHOOPIN' MIX" with the kids. It is tradition... much like the firehouse burgers for dinner, which Lawrence makes awesome, every time!! I never want anything but Lawrences burgers... they are SOOOO yummmm. So above is "little Tori" enjoying her wild whoopin' mix after mixing it and saying "whoop whoop whoop" while she mixed.

Lawrence makes "WILD WHOOPIN' MIX" with the kids. It is tradition... much like the firehouse burgers for dinner, which Lawrence makes awesome, every time!! I never want anything but Lawrences burgers... they are SOOOO yummmm. So above is "little Tori" enjoying her wild whoopin' mix after mixing it and saying "whoop whoop whoop" while she mixed. 
Here is the founder of the Wild whoopin' Mix, trying to coax Katie into her first sample. YUMM
A Mass silly String fight broke out... which was quite well documented, but I'll spare the blog readers the multitude of pictures, and just say a good time was had by all. :0)
The rest of the evening was filled with one on one time of the kids with Marybeth and Lawrence. Coloring, and playing and singing.
Here Katie is performing for the whole group, her made up songs. And you know... They sat on the couch and listened to it FOR EVER!! Now that's love. :-)
AND HERE THEY ARE: Marybeth and Lawrence
This picture makes me smile. They mean a whole lot to me. I love them both very much, and i am so grateful for the role that they played, and do play in my life.
Alex got his first real "GO" on a pool table and hasn't stopped talking about it yet!! He wants one now. It's funny how he gets these things in his head and he just has to have it!! He really wants to get good at playing pool.
"Little" Tori took quite a shine to "big" Tori's boyfriend Conner. She thought he was really something. And the fact that my children loved him, just confirms to me that he is a good guy, and I therefore approve and much to her parents dismay encourage nuptials. :-)
Kate even drummed and sang at the same time... It was quite a show!We had a wonderful evening. We left feeling so happy and full of love. WE KNOW that the Lees love us, when our kids are good and when they are stinkers... when we're happy, when we're sad. They've been there for me through a lot of stuff... I love them.


2 comments:
Wow!! What a wonderful blog entry! The gratitude felt was heartwarming. :)
That is really cool that you've kept in touch with them for so long. It looks like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment