
When I got there at 8:30 or so, the ladies were already painting! We painted that night till 3 am. It was a night of Dews and M&M's. Fun, but a LOT of work. We got the Kitchen, the hall/ stairs, the master bedroom and the master bathroom. WOW!! It felt so good to see such progress. I was very very tired at our presidency meeting the next morning, but managed to stay awake for the bulk of it. I spent the afternoon making dinner and cleaning up the mess from sunday and monday of not being around. Then on Tuesday night I went to a class at Sister Jann Martens office about Stress and Anxiety. That was a really good class for me. I came home and CRASHED HARD!! So tired.
Wednesday I taught water aerobics and then after aerobics Michelle and I snuck off to Taco Bell for lunch. After lunch it dawned on me that Liza had an Orthodontist appointment that I had to get her to ASAP! I jetted over to the school, picked her up and actually made it on time... slid right in.
After the appointment we stopped at Wal mart for a few essentials, and then quickly ran home just in time run Liza over to the Horses and get home for the other kids to get off the bus. I have to interject here, that I love to take Liza to the horses, cuz there are some horses there that are so sweet and snugly. I didn't think that horses could be snugly, but these ones are so sweet. It was the final "Chick fil a" fund raiser night, and the kids really wanted to go, so we waited for Liza to be done. But it got too late... Liza and Alex had activities at the church, so I took the little girls and Brent stayed home and took Liza and Alex to the church. *divide and concur* After putting kids to bed (late) I had to prepare my lesson for the parenting class Thursday night and got to be early, cuz I knew what was planned for Thursday......
Thursday was 'field day' for Tori's school. She was SO excited to have me there, I just had to go. This field day was supposed to happen last week, but was put off because of the flooding. They kind of improvised here and did what they could to not disappoint the kids too much. I had to find a Sitter for Katie in order to go. So 7:30 kids on bus, get in shower, meet Ryan at exit 11 to hand off Katie. Be at the school by 9:15. It was a lovely over cast w/ a breeze day... so it wasn't too terribly hot standing out on the concrete for hours. As soon as I was done there, I headed over to get Katie and was met at my house by Michelle. She was Ready to work!
This was Chinooks Last Day At Large
Michelle was here to help me install an Underground fence. That's right, a fence that shocks my puppy every time he takes off. I spend a good part of my week chasing this little lad around trying to make sure that he doesn't get into too much trouble. This week he took off and frightened the snot out of a kid that was visiting at a neighbors house. Then he ran over to the new neighbors house and tried to play with their greyhounds... could have gotten beaten up! FINAL STRAW!!
.jpg)
So, Michelle dug and dug, and i pried back grass and dirt and tucked. Four Hours and thirty minutes later, the two of us had laid nearly 300 feet of wire. Now the training begins. Supposed to take about 2 weeks to train him. Every time he needs to go outside, I take him out on a leash, and walk him around the perimeter of the fence, showing him the flags. He got a zap pretty early on, the collar beeps if he gets close, to warn him, then it vibrates, then it shocks. He DID NOT LIKE IT! In fact, he no longer wants to go outside AT ALL! I have to drag the dog around the yard, inside the fence line and tell him that he is okay. get him to potty, and then bring him in. On Friday he thew up he was so stressed out by the fence. AND THEN........ Later on Saturday mroning...... the little turd jumped the fence!!! YES HE DID!!! I don't feel sorry for him any more. Heck, I nearly jacked that shocker up to 10 I was so MAD! So then i had a dog, running around with a shock collar on... would you come home if YOU were going to get shocked coming back??
So I spent yet another hour 1/2 - 2 hours out there following my dog around trying to catch him. I eventually lost track of him, and found him on..... would you believe... the deck, cowering and asking to be let in the house. He is still deathly afraid of the fence when we go walk around the perimeter. He doesn't like to go outside, he doesn't jump with excitement when i grab his leash, he cowers in the back of his crate if I offer a trip outside. Yet, I fear that the minute I let him out w/o a leash he will indeed bolt again! URG this dog!
Then after braking our backs putting in the fence, we (Michelle and I) parted ways for a few hours to feed the families. Then it was off to Parenting Class at the Church. It was the one that we've all been waiting for... the TOKEN ECONOMY lesson. So that was good. As soon as we were done there, we headed back over to:
PAINTING PARTY PART DEUX

This time we knocked out the other bedroom, a bathroom and repainted a very stubborn living room. We had to prime and then do two coats to get coverage! Oh what a night again. Above is Carman and Kelly, working hard.

Here is Amy... she is chatting with her hubby. I do believe he told her not to stay up too late. LOL!!!

Liza asked me "mom, how did Brother Blackmon get to be so Famous?" I said (laughing inside at the famous comment) "He wrote a book Liza." "So all I have to do is write a book and get it published and I'll be famous?" Smiling to myself... "As famous as Brother Blackmon!" :0) .jpg)
Do you see the heart? I have a few friends who photograph hearts that just appear.. in nature and what not.. and I found this little heart and thought of them, so this picture is just for them. :-) I was thankful for the moment where I slowed down, and looked at the little love note in my eyeshadow. :-)
6 comments:
Hmmm .... stealing? That's what? 1,000 years in outer darkness? You'd better be careful you're gonna be there just as long as me, lol. For a blog being done while a friend torments the poo out of you, it's not bad! :) Love Ya!! Glad I could distract ya! :)
whew! that was a crazy week! what mommy wouldn't have a meltdown after all those all nighters?!! you sure got alot accomplished! i hope this week involves a massage and sleep before the kids break for school :)
I'm exhausted after reading all that! I don't know how you go on such little sleep.....I wish I was like that!! Hopefully your next week is a little quieter!
That wore me out just reading about your week!! Wow! Oh the electric fence part made me laugh! I can't believe Chinook jumped the fence! I'm so happy for you that you have so many great friends AND an awesome burger place near you!:)TN sounds like a friendly place!
Wow! What a week! I'm with Laura, hoping that you had a few days off the following week which didn't involve any help from me at the parenting class. :( Sorry.
I love the heart! I heart you and I was thinking of all the balls you kept in the air. The ones that drop, well, we just have to let them go. You're awesome! My word recognition is immessu which I read as I miss you. And I do.
Post a Comment