Monday, May 24, 2010

I can't believe it!

The kids will have their "last day of school" tomorrow. WHAT?? seriously?? Wow, that year flew by. I can hardly believe that Liza will be headed to middle school, Alex to 4th Grade and Tori to 1st Grade. Little Miss Katie will be spending our last year together :-(

As summer is upon us, I am feeling like we need a little more organization in our house. Thank fully we had a very successful family council tonight where the kids had some great ideas for the summer.

On Saturday.. after all jobs were done, Liza asked to get her hair cut.... She has been growing it out to donate to "Locks of Love" for the 4th time !!! I tell you if she wouldn't cut her hair it would be taller then her right now!! This ability to grow hair quickly did NOT come from my side of the family! So here she is, with her cute new doo..

The best part is.... I have neglected to send in the past 2 ponies so they are now all together and pretty much the same color and texture. I hope that they can use it all on one wig.. that would be super cool to see. She was SOOOO happy to have all that heavy hair off her neck, she always complained about how hot it was! I believe it was hot, cuz that hair is SOOO thick!

Since Liza got a hair cut, the little girls wanted theirs done too... Now, if you see my girls.. don't judge me. LOL I couldn't find my hair cutting scissors, so their hair was cut with a pair of fiskars scissors. LOL Doesn't look too bad either... I don't think. Now keep in mind that they are tucking that one side behind their ear, so you're seeing one side shorter than the other. :-)
Katie and Tori wanted Pony tails of their hair too. It is certainly not enough to donate, but they NEEDED it in a pony too. SO up in the pony their hair went and then I just chopped those suckers off, and cleaned up the edges. I thought they all looked pretty good considering the circumstances.
I told my mom that I would take a pic of my new Miche cover!! I love this one. I think it's right up there in the Favorites!!! It's SOOOOO cute. (as you can see) LOL
Liza's 5th grade promotion was on Friday. Here, she and her class mates are singing a song. It was funny, when Liza came home from school she was so excited because she was going to be aloud to sing.
Here she is getting her piece of paper from Mrs. Vaughn. Big day for these guys.
Here is Liza and her friend Cheyenne.
Liza and her friend Brook
And SHOCKINGLY enough, I believe that Liza is taller than both of these friends. :-)
And here she is with Mrs. Anderson. Mrs. Anderson was a wonderful teacher. I enjoyed working with her this year. I did Math Superstars for Liza's class and she was always SO grateful and kind. I appreciate her for all the conversations we had concerning Alex, and for her friendship. She was SO good for Liza, really helped open her eyes to the "middle school ways".
And LOL!!! These are some boys in her class. She wanted a picture with them, but was too embarrassed to ask them. I went over to them (since I know them from working with them all year) and said.. "hey boys, I need a picture of you guys" They reluctantly consented, and at the last second... I made Liza slide in the side. LOL Tricky eh? I LOVE being that mom... how embarrassing, but cool at the same time.
Well, Now I am off, to forge forward into the Summer.... I will try to keep posting all the fun stuff we're planning to do! I LOVE my job as a Stay at home mom!

12 comments:

Spilter said...

This is a great post! It makes me miss you. Your kids are awesome, and so cute. Liza is so grown up and I love her new doo. You are a great mom!

Jann said...

I can not believe your kids are out of school. We have another month. Good job Liza for donating your hair. Awesome.

I love the new miche bag cover. Have you seen the new larger bag? I got one for mother's day, and love having both.

Kellie said...

Yay for Liza! What a good time for her. She's so lovely.

Drea said...

I can't believe how fast they're growing up! I love all the pictures. P.S. You did a great job on their hair!

6L's said...

i am SO impressed! i was looking at the girls sunday and how cute their new do's were....didn't know you did it! GREAT JOB MOM! i wondered if she had donated to locks of love. i just sent off 16 ponies that i'd been stashing for the last 2 years, lol! you'll have to tell me some things you are doing for summer....we actually just sat down to make our list! here's hoping for a fab summer!! :)

tracey said...

You rock at cutting hair!! I can't even cut my kids' bangs straight!! Liza looks so happy! Hoorah for summer!! Sleep in!!

Barbara said...

Ur new michi is cool! I love the little pocket on the side-thats a new feature right?
The girls hair is cute-well done:)

Jeri said...

Scissor happy! Liza looks so sassy with short hair, and that is how I like her best....SASSY!

My kids all looked at the post. They couldn't believe how different Liza looked, but Tori and Katie were just the same! =) (quoting)

Michelle said...

I can't believe it, either! This year is already half over, so sad to think about how quickly the time is flying by. Liza's "do" makes her look so ... grown up! That's so cool that she's donating her hair, good job Liza!! Tori and Katie's "do's" are adorable, awww ... heck, all the girls are adorable and so .... sweet!!
Your Miche cover is really cute, whoever went with you to find it is a super awesome friend!! ;)
Congratulations!!! Liza for a job well done! You're gonna love the 6th grade! :)

Eric and Rozanne said...

Love the new purse cover! Also, I'm impressed with the hairdos. I like to try and cut my own kids hair too, but I think you are better (especially considering that you used Fiskars). I'm excited about the summer too. I'd love to get together for field trips or bowling...

Tobie said...

That's so cool that Liza has donated so much hair! It would be neat to see the wig that they make! Way to go Liza!

I have to say your purse is very pretty, I can see why it's a favorite!

Liza's dress in the last pic is adorable!

Cami said...

Yes, great post. That is a lot of hair you cut! (I'm a little appalled at the Fiskars story!!) These kids just keep growing up, eh? Liza looks SO big.