Sunday, May 16, 2010

Katie Bug is 4!!!!!

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY KATIE!!

At 4 years old... my Katie Bug is still such a sweet little girl. Always out to please others and keep the peace. She is my little side kick during the day, and we love spending time together. Katie gets along with every one of her little friends and also plays very well by herself. She has come out of the Dora phase and is searching for a new favorite TV show. She will still watch it occasionally, but she's not terribly entertained anymore. Katie loves to go to the gym (most days). The ladies at the gym are the ones that started calling her "Katie Bug", which is a name that has stuck, and she doesn't seem to mind it.
Katie loves to play with little animals.. pet shops, puppy in my pockets, ponies, you name it, if it's small and an animal she likes them. Katie also has the ability to watch a show just 2 times and quote a line from it. It makes us laugh so hard when she whips one out. It's too funny to hear her little voice do it, because she gets all the expression in there. She keeps us laughing.
One of our favorite things that Katie says is "scub scouts" this is what she calls cub scouts. She is starting to catch on though and will not be calling it that much longer. :-( Katie loves to pick out her own outfits and can often be found it some pretty wild ones. I take her to the gym in them anyway, and the ladies just smile and tell her what a good job she did. Katie is tender hearted and gets her feelings hurt pretty badly when her siblings exclude her, she is truly pained when they do it. She loves to imagine, and pretend, and can often be heard saying "okay, so in the game....." OR "Wait, Kay, in real life we ___ but in the game _____."
For her Birthday this year she chose "Care Bears". She has never seen a movie or tv show with them, but she does like the colorful bears. She got one out of a $.25 machine months ago and loved it. So we went with it. Just before her birthday Katie found a new love..... She LOVES Jessie from toy story. I bought Toy Story and Toy Story 2, because I realized (heaven for bid) that Katie and Tori wouldn't know what was going on in Toy Story 3, they HAD to be prepared for the new movie right?? She liked one, but she loved 2, because if Jessie. So we bought her Toy Story Toys, which were a big hit. esp the Jessie Doll.
She also got a fur real panda from Grandpa Wall and Grandma Arbra, which she loved because of her love for all things animal. :-) She got a lot of $ from family members and took that money quickly to Toys R Us to buy ....... yes you guessed it.... more animals... and some polly pockets.

Katie chose to go to Chuck E Cheese for her birthday dinner, tons of fun was had by all at chuck E Cheese. The game that Brent wins on all the time was broken, so that stunk, but they got lots of tickets anyway.

I scored the biggest score.... I looked and looked for care bear stuff to do her cake... no luck.. I was starting to worry about how I was going to do a care bear cake.... then I scored this set at a garage sale for $2!!!! YIPEEE, they looked brand new! Washed em up and on the cake they went! So fun, so cute, so easy!
A little game of freeze dance, some trampoline games, a couple rounds of halabaloo, some hot dogs, some cake and some ice cream. Makes for a pretty good 4 yr old party.
Wow! I can't believe that my baby is 4!! Could I really be getting that old??? Could I really be 4 years out of the baby phase of my life? Happy Birthday Katie, we sure love you!

7 comments:

6L's said...

cute! loren is excitedly awaiting toys story 3 too, lol! i can't beleive leila will be 4 in a few short months too...time flies! :(

Jeri said...

I keep reading, but I just can't believe it! FOUR! That is just crazy. Happy Birthday to Katie!

Tobie said...

What a cutie she is and what a fun birthday party!!!

Michelle said...

Yea, the older you get the faster time flies. I sometimes think God shoves us into a time warp and then laughs at us when we realize how quickly time went by, lol. Yep, I'm sticking to that theory! Lol

Happy Birthday Katie Bug!!! You're officially a little lady! ;)

Eric and Rozanne said...

She's a little cutie! Jarem enjoyed the party!

tracey said...

Katie looks SO cute. Can't wait to meet her and her little personality this summer.

Cami said...

Man, you have a lot of birthdays in a row too! She is darling. Her hair is getting so dark! Nice cake and party. looks fun.