Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Saturday

Saturday was a great day!! We had so much fun together, I think our little family really needed this day. The kids willingly did their jobs on Friday night so that we could head out to play all day Saturday. We started off with a trip to "Riverfest" on the river here, in Sept, they have a little celebration, they have a few stages where people can perform and tons of booths and the like for people to advertise at. It was fun to go down and take a peek. We parked where everyone else seemed to be parking, and found out that the free Trolly picks up right there by our car. Yippee. The kids loved the trolly ride.
The objective of the trip was to see the Magic show. We were feeling a little stressed as we were only going to get there 10 minutes before show time. Well lucky us, we got front row seats cuz no one else wanted to go to the Magic show at 10am on a Saturday. What ever.. it was so fun!!
Here we are waiting for the show, by the end, it was pretty hot sitting there.
(oh and BTW, don't you love my new Miche? Yeah, so cute)
So the kids got picked to go on stage. The act was very much geared toward children, so the kids had a ball. Here he is trying to get Alex to turn Liza into a rabbit.
They successfully turned her into a rabbit.

Then he turned Alex into one too. (notice the boy has a yo yo in one hand and a white rope in the other?) The rope was given to him by one of the Magicians. It was part of his trick, and when he slid the knot off his rope, he threw it at Alex and told him it was a magic knot and that if he put it under his pillow, it would turn into 5 bucks by morning. (Thanks buddy!)
Sure enough the Rope turned into 5 bucks! Alex was So excited. I gotta get me about 50,000 of these things! :-)
After the Magic show and a bit of the Nashville Zoo's live animal show, we hurried to Nashville to the Science Center.
They were hosing the 2009 Tennessee State YO YO Contest! Alex LOVES YoYos. He can often be found miming his Yoyo tricks if he is not allowed to have one. It's too cute. He is pretty good and has been saving his pennies for a "cooler" yoyo. I tell you folks, I've never in my life seen so many different kinds of yoyos, and each has its own purpose.. It's incredible. In the above photo, this guy is doing "shoot the moon" with 2 yoyos! Totally cool Stuff! Below, he is doing some spiny trick, still running 2 yoyos at once.
These guys are SO talented, seriously! I had no idea that a yoyo could be so much fun! Alex ate up every minute that we were there. We found out that they have a yoyo club that meets every other Sat. Alex was invited to attend. Brent is also a yoyo geek. Always has been, he has had a few expensive yoyos. Not the $120 ones, but pretty nice ones. Anyway, the two of them are planning to attend the Yoyo club. :-) One kid had on a shirt that said "Chicks dig Yoyo guys" I had to laugh! I know I do!
Then we came home and I got ready to head out for a massage. I drug along my new friend Molly, who has never had a professional massage. (yeah, she's hooked) joined for a 6 month membership. We had such a ball, Massages followed by Panara. Does it get better? Then we went to Home Goods where I scored this cute little photography prop. :-) I love it! Anyway.. It was a wonderful day. A good time was had by all. It was very fun to watch Alex have a day full of things he loves.

8 comments:

tracey said...

OK, that looks like such a fun day!! How cook that the kids got to be part of the magic show!! Could you get me a few of those ropes too?

tracey said...

... how cool...

Eric and Rozanne said...

I never even knew there were people that into yoyo's. What a fun hobby! We got to the riverfest intending to go to the zoo show, but didn't seem to find which stage it was on before we got distracted along the way. By then, I figured it would be too crowded. Good to know that it wasn't.

Jann said...

I love days like this.

Jenni said...

I have never had a professional massage and you are totally making me want one! Sounds like you are having fun times with the fam!

Jeri said...

Fun fun! I will not tell Lincoln that they make expensive yo-yo's or he will buy one!

What a wonderful weekend. I am glad you have panera close by. I drove by a sonic sign, went there, and found out it was CLOSED- as in forever!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Who closes a sonic? Anyway, I thought of you and all the sonic's you have close by (that are open) too!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

I miss REALLY miss Panera! How nice of the rope fairy to put the 5bucks under Alex's pillow! The fairy at our house, isn't so nice.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I miss you guys so much! I can't wait to see you!