Sunday, September 20, 2009

oh all the blogs

I have thought a million times this week, I should blog about that, but then at the end of the day, no blog. :-) Oh well what can you do? I guess, I will try to remember some of the ideas. Okay, so first of all, I have to tell about my lovely neighbors. I don't know how.... but every person I have met here in TN has been more then kind. Clerks in the stores, waiters, just the other ladies at the gym. Everyone has been so kind and helpful. I had a man at Bass Pro shop (who didn't work there mind you) take me around and help me find all the stuff I would need to catch bass in our pond, he even went so far as to show me how to put it all together. Seriously folks. Really really nice people. So how on earth did I land 2 of the rudest people in TN as my neighbors? Now, i do have some nice Neighbors around, but the one right beside me, and the one on the other side of her.... wow. CRABY!!! I promise you folks, we're not bad neighbors. We mow the lawn, we keep our trash in the garage, we don't let the kids go in other peoples yards w/o permission. But these two. I think I've talked about the girl right next to me. I don't know what her deal is.. but wow, NOT a social girl. Brent jokingly suggested the other day that perhaps she doesn't speak english and we have a language barrier. LOL!! She has never said more then 2 words to me at a time. She avoids any and all contact with me, last week we picked our girls (who are real pals) up from the gym child care at the same time. She acted like she didn't even see me. Even tho, I totally talked to her little girl, and had Katie telling her bye. Oh I try with her my friends, I try. I took her fresh peach jam. I took her home made Zucchini Bread and even a note, offering to take her kids if she needed a break (hubby was out of town). Gave her my phone number and everything. I will press on, and just drown her with niceness. She will either have to be nice back or tell me to "Knock it off." Which I would consider a success cuz that's 3 words instead of 2!! :-)

The guy that lives on the other side of her HATES dogs. Oh man does he hate them. He took one of the neighbors a leash and told them to "USE IT". He has yelled at Chinook and really gotten him riled up. Now, I keep Chinook on a lead in the back yard (cuz we don't have a fence) Some weeks he gets very little exercise and on those weeks he is like an escape artist. He can squeeze out of an open door in a flash! So this week he snuck out when the kids were home from school. I didn't chase him down, for 2 reasons. #1 if you chase him, he just goes further from home and thinks that it is a funny game. When left alone, he comes home after about 20 minutes. #2 I figured it was like 1:00 in the afternoon on a friday... there is no way that guy was home. WRONG! He was home. According to Liza, he came home and Chinook stood on my Neighbors lawn and barked at him. He came over to my house... madder then a hatter and informed me that my dog has been barking at his door for a half an hour, and is an absolute nuisance!!! First of all the dog had been out for about 15 minutes, and second of all he didn't even set foot on his property. Now granted, he should be contained. I apologized and told him that we try to keep him chained, but he sneaks out past the kids sometimes and won't come when he is called. What can I do? I don't know. I guess we get to spend some more $$ on an electric fence to contain the dog in the front AND the back yard. :-) Great!
Seriously, It doesn't bother me THAT much that they are both Ornery, and if I were still on the east coast I would most likely brush it off, but come now...... How did I get the only two ORNERY people in the state??? :-) LOL.

That story took longer to tell then I thought it would...
So on another note, I went to a consignment sale... Kind of like the Nearly new sale in MD. It was WAY over priced tho, I thought. Maybe my timing was bad, but there was actually a dress there, for a 5 yr old that was marked at $100!! It said on the tag "only worn for 2 hours" WHOS fault is that? mine? No! Don't ask me to pay for the stinkin thing. I wouldn't have paid $40 for it brand new off the rack, so I don't know where she got it from that she was looking for that kind of return. :-) Anyway.. I spent more then I should have, but got a few cute things. I am liking the Yard sales in this area... some great deals at those. Un like the yard sales in MD, they only want $.50 for their used kids clothes.

OUR ROCKIN' DEAL
When we were at the YOYO competition last week we picked up free tickets to the "Nashville Predators" Hockey game. We took the kids on Thursday night. Far be it from our family to pass up the opportunity to watch some live Hockey! It was a blast. And I LOVE LOVE cheep entertainment... here is the lowdown..
6 Seats (way high up) - Free
2 bags of "that fluffy pink stuff that that man has" - $8
Nachos and big old sprite (gotta have my nachos) - $9
Parking - $5
6 Wendy's frosties - Free
It was very fun! The "Predators" Scored 5 goals, when they do that, Wendy's gives out free frosties, so we scored again. :-) The only disappointment of the night was the fans. I do not look forward to attending a game there again. The next time we go, it will be Brent and I and we will be going to see the Flames play against them. We can only hope that the Flames whip their butts cuz this crowd is ruthless with their cheers against the other team. So much so that I actually plan to write a letter to the Nashville newspaper about how classless I feel this is. I have already written a letter to the Calgary Herald. We'll see if it gets published.
To Flames Fans: I wanted to write a letter and commend the Flames Fans for their behavior at the Hockey Games in the Saddle Dome. I recently attended a game out here in Nashville and was appalled at the classless behavior of the entire stadium. Now keep in mind, we were there to watch the "Predators", and were not personally offended that they were slamming the "Thrashers" because we are 100% Flames fans ourselves. They had cheers that went along with the "Jumbo-tron" music, where the whole stadium would shout "YOU SUCK"! and the cheer ended with "we're going to beat the H$** out of you!!! I understand a little razz here and there, but the whole stadium combined in cheers against the other team. They we so busy slamming the Thrashers that they rarely cheered FOR the Predators. Really a Classless bunch. And so I say Thank You Flames fans, for behaving yourselves, for cheering on your team. And also for welcoming other NHL teams into the dome so we can be entertained by their attempts to beat the Flames. Keep up the good sportsmanship!

I also wanted to blog about dinner the other night. I don't know if I mentioned on my blog that I stupidly bought meat from the door to door meat guy. Yeah, totally ripped off, but I hoped that the meat would ROCK and I wouldn't regret my splurge so much. HUMPH, much to my dismay I grilled up his Fillet Minion last night, only to find it missing the bacon. I guess they were just fillets. Then when we dug in it was very fatty and almost had the powdery texture of a piece of liver. I seriously didn't even finish my 4 oz fillet. What a disappointment. HOWEVER my baked Potato rocked and so did the couscous salad. The Couscous salad came from Rachel Ray this month (Thanks Chris) and had baby lettuce and goat cheese and zucchini, lemon peal and juice, and cucumbers! Oh yum... it was so good! And actually kept in the fridge for a day or two. The baked potato, I got on line to see how long it would take for a baked potato to cook and found these tips and followed them. Oh delicious. Don't wrap them in foil, (this is the equivalent of steaming them.. gives you a different texture). Puncture the potato 4 times on each side. Roll in EVOO and Sea Salt and bake. Yummy. Just like the stake house ones. MMM

So I think that is about it for now. BLAH BLAH BLAH, If you've made it this far, you're crazy!! LOL

9 comments:

tracey said...

Guess I'm crazy! Nice score on the hockey game night! Gotta love a good deal!!
Good luck killing them with kindness :D

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Lame fans, lame neighbors, lame steak. Great deals! great yummy recipes.

Linda said...

That was actually very entertaining and informative--I love your blogs! :-)

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry that you live next to grumps! No fun! (I did have a neighbor in MD that never actually acknowledged my existence - I would say hi and she would ignore me... not nice!) And wow those were some brutal hockey fans! That salad sounds delicious!!

Cami said...

Wow, that is quite the story about the neighbors. We have had ONLY good luck since we moved. Ironically, the only problems we had in our old house was that EVERY neighbor had a dog, and none had a fence. (you know about my kids and dogs, right?) However, we did not complain, Ethan just stayed inside all summer. Good luck!

Unknown said...

All I'm gonna say about your neighbors is they're probably not natives. One thing I really love about the South is the friendliness of the people. When you run across someone who's--shall we say--less than friendly, they usually weren't born around here.

As for the hockey, good luck. That's been going on since Nashville got the Predators and I don't think you'll change anybody now. Guess that's a Southern thing, too. Gotta take the bitter with the sweet!

Jann said...

Sorry about the anti-dog neighbor. We totally have one, and had to purchase an electric fence. It has been very successful for our dog, and I do not worry about the kids opening the door and letting him run out. He loves being free, and romping in the yard. He has never escaped the fence since we got it, but there was some training involved.

Jeri said...

Your neighbors are crazy! I love the story of Chinook pooping on his lawn the day after he yelled at him! He KNOWS that man is bad!

I want to try that salad! Need to buy more couscous.

Holly said...

couscous. Love it! I am very sorry about your filet, too. That seriously stinks!!!!!!! You crack me up.