Friday, October 24, 2008

Too long

It's been too long since my last blog.  I have been reading everyone else's blog, but when it came time to post my own, I have had so many blog ideas in my head that I just don't know where to begin.


This week I have been especially grateful for friends, both near and far.  I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.  This ward here in Maryland has been so amazing.  It is unlike anything I have ever seen.  I have a few really close friends, the ones that I talk to on a daily basis, and I trade babysitting with, and stuff like that.  But then the whole rest of the ward, I consider my friends.  I feel that each of these sisters loves me and I love them.  Brent has been out of town and working a ton.  Basically I've been on my own for a while, and as always my pals have stepped up to the plate and helped me out.  Although I never took her up on it, Christina offered SEVERAL times to take my kids.  Sometimes her offer was places to ensure their safety from a crazy mommy ;-).  Jeri took my kids (all 4 of them) on wednesday... past bed time, so that I could go and give my talk at young women's.  I have been so grateful for the support of others.  

At young women's on Wednesday I was all dressed up and ready to speak at Young Women in Excellence, when my outfit became a big huge ball of static!  It started when I dropped my kids off at Jeri's.  She offered me Hairspray to try to kill it.  It didn't work.  When I got to the church to set up, Aimee saw me struggling with my skirt and (this is hilarious)  offered me her slip.  No not the slip she was wearing.... the one she had in her purse!  Who carries a slip in their purse???......  I borrowed it.  (It helped till the static got into the slip and I had the same trouble again) but the point is....  not for one minute was it weird to borrow Aimee's slip (for her, or me) and not for one minute was it weird to put it on, right there in front of Scarlet and Julie.  :-)   These women are truly my sisters.  

The women around me are constantly lifting me and loving me and I thank them all SO much.  I am so grateful this week for you!

Well, I need to go and get costumes together for the trunk or treat tomorrow!  My basement looks like a bomb went off in it.  (stay away Scarlett, you don't want to see it!)  So I better quit neglecting my responsibilities.  :-)  I've gotten good at that you know. 

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Who carries a slip in their purse? Wow, she's prepared for anything. This is a great ward and I can't imagine ever leaving it. And I can't imagine you ever leaving it -- so I won't think about it. Time to go buy a skirt that doesn't cling!

Cami said...

I feel the same way about the ward. I love them all so much.

I am with you on the static. Once I had an attack at church and it was HORRIBLE! I kept wetting it down in the bathroom. Ugh.

kristin said...

glad you're back!!! nothing beats a good sister friend:) what a true blessing! geoff's going into one of those 'stretches' where he works alot again...ick! I've been spoiled for MONTHS and now it's back to reality for a couple of months...grr! miss you!

Jeri said...

You are so welcome! I always jump at the chance to help you, because you have done so much to help me I will never be able to "catch up"! =)

You looked adorable- static and all.

I feel the same way about the sisters in this ward. They are amazing!

Corinne said...

That slip story is hilarious and I also appriciate how many helpful and kind women there are in our ward.

Jenni said...

*sniff sniff* This post made me miss you all SO much!! Aimee is one prepared lady!!:)