Monday, August 25, 2008

Playing Catch up 1

Oh, I feel so far behind.  I did that on post and now here I try to fill in the blanks from that one and catch up with the photos.  I want to journal this whole trip, so I'm just going to take it in chunks.  This photo was taken on my first night out shooting landscapes.  We were eaten alive by mosquitos, but we got some good shots.  
Alex got a chance to play a little Baseball with Grandma on the first day that we were there.  It was fun to watch them.  Alex was only wearing flip flops so he was a little slow on the bases, but luckily he was playing with Grandma.  :-)
I found a Twilight fan to go with me to the book release!  I nearly had to drag Kevin with me, but realized, just in the nick of time that my niece Samantha is a Twilighter, so we went together.  The place we went to had drinks in blue and red, if you like Edward you chose blue, if you like Jacob you chose red.  So it was obvious who was cool, and who wasn't  :-)
They also had mask making (didn't we do a beautiful job!?!)  We stood in line for an hour and the girl in front of us won the raffle and got the first book.  I think we got #12 and 13.   We were both so excited.  Samantha was done with in a day and a half, I however and still not done!  I know, I am probably the LAST twilight fan on earth to not be done, but I'm not.  Crazy times.

The next day we headed out to the river by my moms house to play in the water.  It was a fun time.  I of course played with my camera, and was envious of Samantha reading her book.  
This is my niece who is Liza's age.  I just LOVE this picture of her.  
Here is Sam gobbling up the book right in front of me!  (RUDE)  Oh well, she mad up for it when she read aloud to me in the car for almost 4 hours a few days later.  She really wanted me to finish so that we could talk about it.  She was very good at keeping her mouth shut and not being a spoiler.  :-)  (thanks Sam)
Katie by the river, not long before the aforementioned blow out.  I have the funniest pictures from that blow out... I know it's gross, but really funny.  :-)  
Here the kids are in the river.  A few days later they actually took tubs out and went for a ride down the river.  Not me though.  As much as I love the pool, I'm not a big fan of "wild" water.  I don't like to go in oceans, lakes, rivers... places where critters live and water is unregulated and uncontrolled. (weird, I know)

That night the kids went with Grandpa to Journey to the Center of the Earth.  I stayed at Dads house with Katie and Tori and Abby.  They wouldn't have enjoyed that movie.  The other kids loved it, while the adults, and Sam said that the story line sucked, but it did have really cool effects.  My question is why can't a 3-D movie have a decent plot?  Oh well, the kids had fun.  :-)

6 comments:

tracey said...

sexy mask! Where are the blowout pics?

Tricia said...

It looks like you guys had a blast together, there is nothing better then family time, and how great that you could see extended family.

Jeri said...

The picture of your niece reading made me laugh. Had she only had that book for one night? Look how far she is. =)

I love the baseball with Grandma...what a good memory!

Corinne said...

That river looks like such fun! And that masks picture is priceless :)

Tracy said...

How fun to get dressed up for your Twilight party. I would've totally had my blue drink!

Amber said...

Man I love all your pictures and glad you had a good trip. But happy to have you home. You are amazing!! Thanks for all these great posts