We made it here safe and sound. We've had fun seeing family again and playing at both Grandma and Grandpas Houses. On our flight here we were so lucky to get a plane that had an individual TV for each passenger that you control yourself. There was something for everyone, this made that ride rather pleasant. The kids watched "little bear" and "Rollie Pollie Ollie" and even a bit of "Horton Hears a Who", Katie had a nap, and get this.... I watched a movie! I may have had to pause it a few times to run kids to the potty, or clean up a spilled drink, or settle an argument, but I watched a whole movie. I got to see Fools Gold, which I thought was quite cute. I would watch it again. There were no delays and we had the nicest boarder crossing dude of all time, so that went off with out a hitch. Really ended up being a pretty good day.
My sister showed up early with her four kids, and so my kids were thrilled to pick up a few extra days with their cousins. So far we have gotten in a lot of playing with "new" or "new to you" toys, and a lot of arguing which set of 2 gets to go on the trampoline. (My sisters kids and my kids line up perfectly for age and gender, her last 3 and my first 3. We both have a tail end, she at the head and me at the end, so those two feel a little left out at times I am sure.) On Saturday we went to a farmers market, and got some delicious cherries and juicy perfect peaches. (oh yum, I love BC Fruit) I wish I could bring a piece home for all of my lovely friends at home. :-) After the market we went to a river, nice and shallow the kids could wade across the whole thing with out getting their bum wet. It was really nice. I got to take some photos, Alex fell in and spent the remainder of the day shivering as his skin stretched over his bones tried to keep the poor bag o' bones warm. Katie had the blow out of a lifetime, lets just say I thought she stepped in mud. (you can fill in the blanks) Luckily we were right by a river. :-) Poor girl, I bet that was cold oh her little bum! Last night Grandpa took the kids to see "Journey to the Center of the earth." (3D movie) The kids loved the movie, and the fact that you were aloud to bring home the glasses. I stayed home with the little girls, Katie went to bed and Abby and Tori watched a movie and ate cookies.

I've only been out to shoot with Keven once so far. It hasn't been as easy to get out there as i had hoped it would be. The kids are staying up later then normal, playing with cousins so I'm not getting them in bed in time to head out to shoot those evening shots. But in just that one shoot, I learned a ton. I can't wait to head out again soon. :-)

11 comments:
We are in Kalispell right now so not to far from you,Have a great trip and enjoy the cousin time. Sounds like they really like to get together.
I'm so glad you and the kids had such a great time!!
Have fun on your trip. Beautiful pictures.
Yahoo...You took time to post! Love the two landscapes. It all sounds so lovely, and like you are having a good time. Enjoy it!
Those are amazing shots! Nice! Hope you guys have a fabulous trip!!!
I want to get out and shoot with this "Keven" too, it sounds like fun. ;-)
Oh Canada is RIGHT! Love the pics! Glad you're having fun.
So glad you are having fun family/home time. We miss you!
Have a great rip you lucky thing
Have a great time with the rest of your summer days off! Good luck getting some time away to shoot!
I had technical difficulties when I tried to comment before, but I hope the rest of your trip was wonderful. I love the photos. The colors in the haystack one are amazing. I'm also really glad the travel there wasn't a nightmare. I hope the travel home was okay, too! Can't wait to read more about it.
Post a Comment