Although they've been told time and time again not to play on the futon mattress, tonight they folded it over and were running over it. The game was called "Wipe Out". And that is just what Tori did......
She fell off the mattress onto some toys near buy and hurt her arm. After some assessing from DR. Daddy, She was off to the hospital. She was being SO brave. I know it must hurt something fierce, but she is such a trooper!
After some X -Rays they determined that her Humerus is broken just above her elbow. Apparently we are lucky that she doesn't need surgery, as it is very close to the joint there and sometimes these brakes require pins etc.. Daddy said she was very brave at the ER. They went to the closest hospital, not the one on post, and somehow Brent still knew the Orthopedic Surgeon that came to look at her arm. :-) Gotta love connections. Dad said she didn't cry at the pain, a ouch every now and then as they put the splint on, but when she asked daddy if they would need to do surgery (before they knew how bad it was) he told her maybe... that made her cry a bit. Otherwise she was so good.
She returned home to me like this. In her cute little hospital gown, her splint and her sling. The sweet staff gave her a new barbie "for being so brave". I would like to Thank the staff at Gateway Hospital, and the who ever it was that donated the Barbies, that made the whole trip "fun". She came home around 10pm and ate dinner. (Daddy wouldn't let her eat before she left, cuz he was worried about surgery) She ate w/ her left had pretty well. Doc says she is to get her cast on Thursday. We are all hoping for a pink one! If it's not, we're painting it! She will need to be in the cast for about a month. So she will be spending her 6th Birthday, and Halloween in a cast. :-( Poor girl.
So her Fall Break has been extended until I am confident that she can handle potty issues etc on her own at School. I may wait till Thursday when i know that the arm can't be bumped by a careless classmate. Poor girl.
11 comments:
Sara had this exact break when she was little. Poor babe. I'm glad she was brave about it and can see it as an adventure.
Poor girl! That's so great that she was so brave. Love you Tori!
You did great Tori! I bet it was scarey. The barbie almost makes it worth it....well kind-of. Isn't it nice to have a doctor in the house?
Oh dear!! That must have been SO painful, but she was such a trooper! Hope she gets that pink cast!
OH! Poor thing! How cool is that that she was given a barbie! Cool Hospital.
Oh, Christie, I made my blog private, and I need your email address if you would like an invite Ü.
Oh no. What a wonderful hospital. I am glad they treated her so kindly. I am sure she will love her pink cast and boy will she have a story to tell.
Been there! Alex and Sydney were playing "jump" only Alex fell and broke his arm. Their little casts are too cute - too bad they have to break something to get one. Go for the Glo-in-the-dark if they don't have pink1
Poor girl is right! I am so glad that it didn't require surgery. Be sure to post a picture of her cast so I can show Talia.
I'm glad that she had a good experience at Gateway. That is cool that she got a barbie. She is such a cute little one. Alex broke his arm jumping off a higher window sill in our house onto a beanbag when he was her age. Gotta love those wild games the kids invent to entertain themselves.
Oh my!! That is not fun. What a brave girl.
Oh man. Seriously. Sad times for her - I'll be hoping for a pink cast and I'm glad she didn't end up needing surgery!!
Post a Comment