This weekend we had the opportunity to meet some old pals in St. Louis. We met Meredith in Des Moines IA, 8 years ago. Our boys were just tiny.. Alex still on a monitor, weighing around 5 lbs. He and Nolan grew up those first 2 years together. They of course don't remember, but they matched up like the years had never passed.
.jpg)
Here are Nolan and Alex playing chess. The funny part, the two of them are listening to "flight of the bumble bee" while they play. It was very entertaining to Mere and I to watch these two.
.jpg)
Tori and Avery played a little polly pockets. Avery was a bit more interested in Liza, she was the Cool big kid. :-)
.jpg)
The Hotel we stayed in ROCKED!!! They had an indoor pool, and indoor playground and even a big gymnasium where the kids could run and play.
.jpg)
This is the pool table in the rec area of the hotel. It was an older building with what appeared to be asbestos ceilings, but the rest of it was really cool. For $60 we stayed the night, swam twice and played for hours, all right outside our room. It was great!
.jpg)
Then we found this fabulous place called "The Magic House" !!!!! It was SO cool in there. This is their 'once upon a time' area. Katie found the pig straight away... she LOVES pigs!
.jpg)
Alex found a little putting green to play on. He LOVES golf.
.jpg)
They had a cool bubble area! They even had a spot where you stand in the middle and pull a bubble up around you. Above is the coolest part... this giant bubble screen that you could blow the hugest bubbles in. SOOOO cool
.jpg)
Inside this house they had a childrens size Victorian play house. It was so cool. I wish I had brought a different lens for my camera so that I could have gotten a picture of the whole building. It was SO cool. Here are the girls in the little Kitchen. Perfect size for them.
.jpg)
The found these kitties and hauled them around the whole time we were in this area. They also had a little stream that ran across the village and into a pond where you could "fish". They had big lures that looked like fish w/ metal rings on them, and you caught them with a magnet on a pole. The kids loved this activity too.
.jpg)
Alex was putting a muffler back in the car, such a cool place.
.jpg)
The girls upstairs in the house. Notice the kittens still under their arms. Both put a Ganz kitty on their Christmas list. :-)
.jpg)
Alex and Liza working on the engine now.
.jpg)
Tori, running the pizza place. this place was incredibly clean and well cared for. It is 30 yrs old this year, and kept so nice!
.jpg)
Alex and Tori being reporters. It was really cool, they even had a TV and cameras so that you could see yourself reporting. COOL! (notice the cat)
.jpg)
Tori being a Librarian. (Cat still in her possession. This part made me miss Talia)
.jpg)
Katie in the Grocery Store part. Kitty in basket. She filled that basket with yummy produce. What fun.
.jpg)
Yes, they even had a water area! This is Nolan having a blast!
.jpg)
Perfect little photo spot. Too bad the light sucked and I didn't have my flash!!! This was tucked up in the attic area, and for just a few minutes, no one else was in there.
.jpg)
Did snap this pretty girl in that light by the window tho.
.jpg)
A HAIR RAISING EXPERIENCE!!!
.jpg)
None of my kids would touch the ball, all of them were sure that it would hurt to touch something with Electricity in it. Smart kids... I thought for sure after I did it, that Liza would, but nope. Not a chance. Maybe next time. LOL!
.jpg)
A Great 3 story slide that runs down the side of the building.
.jpg)
Would you believe that we didn't even see the whole place? There was more, but we ran out of time, they closed it up on us. I didn't take any pictures of the whole mystery area and secret passage way and even a chance to crawl through the air ducts to solve a mystery.
.jpg)
Alex with Curious George. After eating Ice creams and getting Free Cookies cuz the treat stop was closing.
.jpg)
Then we headed to Americas Incredible Pizza Company
Spoiled rotten children I tell you!
This is a buffet place like Cici's on Steroids. LOL!! It was incredible.
You pick your food and then pick a theme room to sit in, I think there were 5 themes to choose from. It was HUGE.
.jpg)
There were go carts, and glow golf.
.jpg)
Inflatable for Tori and Katie
.jpg)
A few little rides for the wee ones.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I LOVE Tori's face in this one. Who knew riding a frog could be SO fun??
.jpg)
They even had "mini bowling". 10 pin with little balls that the kids could throw. SO fun! They loved every minute.
.jpg)
Even the Mommas had some fun shooting things up.
.jpg)
Go mommas.
.jpg)
We had the best time. It was well worth the drive to St. Louis and we certainly plan to meet up with our pals there again some time soon.
7 comments:
Wow! That place looks like SO much fun! I want to go there! And that pizza joint.... wow! What a fun time. Oh yeah, and the cool hotel! How is any trip ever going to live up to that one?
So glad you had a fun time with your reunion. :D
Micah commented on your picture, "I think Alex's mom is having a bad hair day."
So cool - I'll have to remember this place for our temple trip days! We were just in st louis on thursday!! We should meet up!
It looks like you guys had so much fun!! The Magic House looks so cool! I can't believe admission is so cheap. I'm so glad you guys had such a great time.
What fun! I was unaware they made hotels with indoor play areas...what a stroke of genius! So fun to see your growing kids!
Oh my goodness! That hair picture was awesome! What a cool place, too. I wish I could bring my girls there! They'd love it Ü
So many cool things to do! I love the hair picture too! Such great volume. =)
Post a Comment