Man, its been a long time. And like every blogger out there, I have composed a million blogs in my head over the last 12 days!
We'll start w/ today. The kids were off school, it was "Take your child to work day" and the county takes a teacher prep day so kids can go w/o missing any school. Brent asked around at work and found out that the hospital runs an all day ordeal for this very day!!! We were ALL trilled. Brent was excited to have the kids for the day, even if they didn't get to work with him, they got to go in w/ him, see where he parks, works, etc. The kids were more then excited!!! It is so good for them to go and see what he does every day. (well kind of) Anyway. They had a blast. They were served breakfast and lunch, they were shown the casting room, and an operating room and all the equipment. They were shown how they move 'sleeping' patients from one bed to the other. They were shown how to wrap wounds etc. They had fun getting dressed up.
It was seriously the coolest day for them. They were so excited. I sent Liza with a camera, and this is all she came home with... She said, it was all so cool that I forgot to get the camera out. They kept them that busy!
Poor Tori and Katie were too young, so the consolation prize was to teach water aerobics with mommy. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of those two, but it would have been a really cute picture. They were both in their suits w/ a life jacket over it. Tori was really into it. She showed the ladies how to march, and do jumping jacks and squats... it was cute. She had a blast, and got to get out all the weights and noodles. Then they got to stay after class and swim with mommy and one of my sweet participants (Susan). She stayed for a half hour after class and played with Tori. It was really sweet to see the joy that they brought each other. Then I took the girls to Toys R Us, and out to lunch @ Taco Bell. They had a good day I think. It was good that Tori had a tale to tell daddy while the big kids told their story of their day.Here is some Random Stuff. I took this picture one day when I was driving with the kids. It is a view that I see A LOT, And there was this moment where I realized that some day, they won't look like that when I look back. I know I'll miss these days. For me this picture is priceless.
For General Conference we had some fun things for the kids to do to keep busy while listening. The kids favorite was a game where there were 6 bowls of "snack" foods, each one had a "buzz" word in front of it, and they got to collect their "snack" when ever they heard the word. Now cuz I am a pretty smart mommy, so I put the buzz word "Jesus Christ" with the popcorn, and a word like repentance with the M&Ms. So they got more raisins, goldfish and popcorn then M&M's and Jellybeans. So in the 3rd session, the kids heard "Jesus Christ" and they grabbed some popcorn, except for Alex, and they said "Alex, you missed it, they said Jesus." He said.. "naa, I don't want any more Jesus." LOL!! Then there was the talk on Repentance.... Alex stood by the M&M bowl and shoved them in and declared, "I Like THIS guy!"
For General Conference we had some fun things for the kids to do to keep busy while listening. The kids favorite was a game where there were 6 bowls of "snack" foods, each one had a "buzz" word in front of it, and they got to collect their "snack" when ever they heard the word. Now cuz I am a pretty smart mommy, so I put the buzz word "Jesus Christ" with the popcorn, and a word like repentance with the M&Ms. So they got more raisins, goldfish and popcorn then M&M's and Jellybeans. So in the 3rd session, the kids heard "Jesus Christ" and they grabbed some popcorn, except for Alex, and they said "Alex, you missed it, they said Jesus." He said.. "naa, I don't want any more Jesus." LOL!! Then there was the talk on Repentance.... Alex stood by the M&M bowl and shoved them in and declared, "I Like THIS guy!" Here are a few "quotes" from around here lately.
Alex: (said shortly after grandma left) "Grandmas are just moms who forgot how to be parents, so they feed you ice cream and cookies for breakfast and give you treats all the time."
Alex: "I wish I could throw the toy downstairs and it would bounce into the right box."
Me: "me too, do you know how many trips that would save me?"
Alex: "I wish we could clone you, that would be cool!"
Me: "me too."
Alex: " But I would want to know which one was really you, maybe there could be a sign or something... well no, cuz then they're just maids or something, and not clones."
So I can't decide, I think he wanted to know which one was the real me, so that he could still have a mommy, and not just a clone, but then decided that if he made that distinction, then the clones would be just maids if they weren't mommys? I think it was a complement, but I am still not sure.
Tonight Brent threw out this one after listening to a story on the news about a lady giving her Kidney to a total stranger.
"My list of people I would give a Kidney to is really short. I would give a kidney to you cuz I need you around for those 6 hours a week, dialysis takes a REALLY long time... (me laughing), seriously!" Me laughing again.
Last night I was in my laundry room when I heard rustling in the corner... very frantic rustling. Then I heard little screeches, very scared screeches. I followed the sound to my window, and realized that something was stuck in my window box. And it was very afraid. I couldn't tell from inside what it was because it was dark outside. So I got a flashlight and went out to take a look. This is what I found:
Awww, poor babies (there's 2 in there) They were so afraid. I think their nest is under our deck cuz Chinook has been going crazy out there for the past week or so, sniffing and sniffing at the deck, in between the cracks. I guess these two guys were out for a little hop at 1o :00 last night and didn't know that they were going to end up in a spot they couldn't get out of. And I arrived just in time, when I went to go see what it was there was a cat hunched over the window well ready for a snack, just licking his chops. I scared off the cat, and went inside to figure out what I was going to use to rescue these little bunnies so they could go home to their mommy. I found a lid to a broken storage container that I no longer needed, and an old rag. I had Liza (yes, she was up, the nut!) come out and hold the flashlight while I coaxed the poor things one at a time up onto the lid and lifted them out. RESCUE COMPLETION. :-) I saw one this afternoon, so I am pretty sure that they made it home.
Awww, poor babies (there's 2 in there) They were so afraid. I think their nest is under our deck cuz Chinook has been going crazy out there for the past week or so, sniffing and sniffing at the deck, in between the cracks. I guess these two guys were out for a little hop at 1o :00 last night and didn't know that they were going to end up in a spot they couldn't get out of. And I arrived just in time, when I went to go see what it was there was a cat hunched over the window well ready for a snack, just licking his chops. I scared off the cat, and went inside to figure out what I was going to use to rescue these little bunnies so they could go home to their mommy. I found a lid to a broken storage container that I no longer needed, and an old rag. I had Liza (yes, she was up, the nut!) come out and hold the flashlight while I coaxed the poor things one at a time up onto the lid and lifted them out. RESCUE COMPLETION. :-) I saw one this afternoon, so I am pretty sure that they made it home.-Edit.jpg)
6 comments:
Those quotes were hilarious!! So glad all your kids had fun with bring your child to work day - Tori showing the ladies in your class how to do things must have been so cute! I LOVE your treat basket idea for conference - I'm totally going to steal it for next time!
I like your General Conference games. That sounds yummy. (And easier than bingo for those who can't read. :)
That last picture is beautiful! I wish I could take pics like that. And that is a wonderful idea for conference. I'm going to try to remember it for next time.
Thanks Xander for your insightful comment about granmas. Sometimes loss of memory is a GOOD thing!!! Or.. maybe it is just as ya get old ya realize things that were SO important -- Just aren't.
Awww... those bunnies are SO cute!! Glad you were there to rescue them. And the take the kids to work put on by the hospital is SO cool!! I want to go! Wish Brad's hospital had done something like that!!
Wow! What a post! I had to go over it again - just to make sure I got everything:) Bring your kid to work day sounds like it was a hit! I love that you can see liza's smile around the mask:)
I can't believe u went outside at 1am. I'm a scardy cat!
Awesome buzz bowls!
Post a Comment