So I have to post about all my wonderful birthday fun! I considered doing a post where I tell all the wonderful things about me, like we've all done for our children and other loved ones, but I decided to save everyone, and just tell about what a great time I had.
Before my birthday, our new Mac arrived and Brent (who is normally the best secret keeper ever!) couldn't wait till my birthday to tell me, that for my birthday he got me a whole year of weekly one on on Mac support. I get to go in and meet with someone in the store and they will help me with anything that I need help with. Or just teach me new stuff. They supposedly also have someone who knows Photo shop really well too. But we'll see. (As a side note, I've been taking a Photo Shop course on line to learn how to enhance the photos that I have been taking) Anyway, So on my actual birthday, Brent had the day off work, I went to the gym by my self to teach my class. I didn't have to lug kids in and out of the building, that was nice. Then I went straight from there to Massage Envy where I got a 90 min massage for $50!!! After that WONDERFUL experience, I've never had one that long before, it was really nice. I ran over to the Mall for my first one on on at the Mac store. I learned a few new things and I am really enjoying the iCal feature on my new computer. I then went and had a nice lunch at Panera Bread. (My Favorite) It was so nice to just sit there in the peace and quiet, and know that any whining kid around me was not my problem. :-) I had a yummy turkey panini and the Autumn Salad which had pears and dried cherries in it. YUM! I then went down to the Makeup store in the mall and had some guy help me pick out some new make up. He dolled me all up with Bare Minerals, and I liked how it looked and felt, so I used some of my birthday money and got it. They told me that they give 100% money back if you're not happy, and I am not too sure that I am happy. It either brings out the wrinkles around my eyes, or I got sudden wrinkles around my eyes at the exact age of 32!!. This wouldn't surprise me as it seems that my metabolism quit that day too! Ahhh, I will be a sight to behold at church on Sunday. :-)
Anyway, Total tangent there, so after the makeup I decided that I wanted to get my hair done too, so I went to the mac store and used the handy dandy iPhone to get the phone number to the salon at the gym. They had an appointment open in an hour or so, so I booked it and then ran over to the bank and Trader Jo's (I've never been in there cuz I wasn't curious enough to drag my kids in there, so I had to go and peek while I was alone) Hum, being a non organic kinda gal, I wasn't wowed. Then it was off to my hair cut. I want to grow it into a new style, and unfortunately it seems that I have to go back a bit before I can go forward, so I feel like my goal got moved farther away, but that's okay, it looks okay for today anyway. :-) I ran home after that to get Brent and the kids and we all went out to dinner. We had a nice dinner out and the kids were really good. I love going out to dinner on my birthday, even with kids, because I don't lift a finger, I don't do potty trips, I don't cut meat, I don't put on bibs, nuthin'! We came home and put the kids to bed, then Brent and I ate cake and watched a few shows on TV, then i did some of my photo shop lessons. It was a fun night. Ah, and then...... I love birthday weeks, the next day, Brent didn't work again.... he he, so I got to sleep in since I didn't on Wednesday. Then my sweet friend Christina took my little ones for the day so that Brent and I could have a day together. It was so nice (thanks Christina). We went to Cheese Cake Factory and I had the Avocado Egg Rolls. Everyone raves and raves over these, my review..... I wished that I was eating floutas the whole time. ;-( Too squishy for my, bleck. Anyway, it was a nice lunch anyway. Then Brent and I used the rest of our time to do Christmas shopping. I had him help me with Alex. The girls I can do, but Alex is hard for me. I just really don't get boy toys at all. ;-( Then we went back and picked up the kids from Christina and I did homework with the big kids while Brent disappeared. ??? Anyway, then Annie and BJ came over and picked up the giant eye sore from our living room and took it away for BJ to fix. (Sorry Annie, but I heard you set a departure date for it... good for you.) Anyway, now I have room for my Christmas Tree. :-) (Annie may not, but I do.... *snicker*) Then at 6:30 I went to Le Madelines to meet up with some friends for a little "birthday party" Tracy made me feel so special when she pulled me aside and planned this little tado.... What a sweet girl. She and Mendy treated me to my birthday dinner and chocolate croissant. Christina came and brought her Canadian neighbor Jenni, who I enjoyed visiting with a lot. Lori Mathison, Jan Gartside and Cassandra Hancock also came. It was such fun to visit with everyone and they all made me feel so loved. Thank you to all of you. Also Scarlet and Jenni, thank you so much for the gifts you are too sweet, I am so spoiled. I have already enjoyed Jenni's efforts to make me fat, and I have yet to enjoy Scarlets recipes to make me healthy. :-) (She got me the cook book that Jenni has been cooking from. Now my kids will join her children in the experiment as my little lab rats.) Then after some time, when we were just about to get up and leave Kathy Jarboe came in.... it was fun to see her, I guess something happened with a key mix up. I was glad that she caught us. Then at about 10 Christina, Jenni and I headed over to Target for one last hour of shopping where I bought 2 new tops. SO CUTE. It was such a fun birthday. I came out of it feeling so loved and accepted and relaxed. I didn't lift a finger for 2 days.... it was wonderful. Then today I got to clean up the mess. Brent kept a pretty good handle on things, but well..... you know how it is. Then tonight when I took Liza to piano lessons, Nicole topped the whole evening off with some yummy chocolates for a birthday gift too. So now, I am going to leave my computer and my sink full o dishes and I am going to watch survivor and eat treats..... We'll see how my non existent metabolism handles that one. :-)
PS.. Chinook is doing really well at potty training. He is down to 0-1 accidents a day and even asks to go outside sometimes. He is just what I wanted, he sits on my lap when I am on the computer and does his job as my little buddy. I absolutely love him. What a doll.
Okay that's enough blogging!
13 comments:
So glad you had special days birthday girl! Next time I want to join you in getting a massage -- 90minutes, sounds like heaven. You're such a fun friend. I look forward to many more nights out shopping and eating!
Happy Birthday Christie! It sounds like it was a great one!
Happy Birthday, sound like a day in heaven to me.There is nothing better then just feeling loved and knowing that you matter to so many people. I love it, and it sounds like your enjoying tne new computer, new puppy. Yeah for you, I was missing your blogging, so I was glad to see you back up and with a great post to boot.
Happy Birthday!! Sorry I couldn't make the birthday bash!
Sounds like birthday heaven! Happy Birthday, girl!
I am sad I missed the birthday bash too! We will just have to have one of our own! It sounds like you had a great week.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Where is the list of all the wonderful things about you? That would be fun.=)
Happy birthday again!! Sounds like you had some fabulous presents - oh that 90 min massage sounded heavenly! I am so excited to hear if the Deceptively Delicious recipes go over well with your family - we'll have to compare notes! Hope you're enjoying all your chocolate!!
So glad that you had a great Birthday!!! I am also happy We could get the t.v. out of your living room for a little bit. Liza was too "Now we can have a tree!!!!" And I still have room for my tree too!!
Happy Birthday Christie!! That sounds like a very nice birthday, you are so lucky to have such great friends!
It was so fun to go out and celebrate your birthday.
I'm soooo happy your day turned out to be so fabulous! I am sorry I missed it due to the primary thing, which was fun too. I'm so glad you liked the book, I have to go out and get me one too! As far as your makeup, well, before your guarantee is done, let me do your makeup for you. I do have a license to do that you know! :) I'll show you what's happening. I used BM for 5 years before using what I currently use. Anyway, I would love to give you a makeover! We'll have to have another late night partay at your place soon so I can make it up to you! hugs.
OH, oh, oh. I'm so sad I had to miss it. It was the third of three things I was supposed to do that night! Well, sounds like you had a good one. Happy Birthday!
I know I'm totally late, but I wanted you to know I wish you a VERY happy birthday - sounds like an incredible day/weekend!
Post a Comment