Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Joining the MAC world

We got our mac yesterday.  Here I am up, likely till the wee hours of the morning trying to make up for a lot of lost time.  My puppy?  He is sleeping in his crate ( I am so thankful for crates).  The  new computer is conveniently located in the kitchen so that I can use it though out the day.  It does make the kitchen a little more crowded, but it is so nice!   Today Chinook (that is the dogs name ) had me outside a billion times begging him to go potty, and he wouldn't go.  We went all day w/o a poop in the house, but a few pee's.  He is locked in the kitchen so that he isn't ruining my carpet.  He had a moment today though.  The little guy actually asked me to take him outside and proceeded to produce for me!  Yeah, baby steps eh? Brent is a happy man today as he got his Rock Band X Box game.  He just had Jake Turpin over for a play date.  They seemed to have had fun.  I have so much to blog about.    Oh, I also re organized my play room, for those who have seen it, it was much in need of an over haul.  I spent a nice chunk of $$ at Ikea (which I am so thankful for Ikea and affordable furniture.)  I will have to see if i can post a picture of that progress too.  My kids absolutely love all the new play space, and yesterday when they went to Christina's she introduced them to the Gunny Sack monster.  This is a pillow case looking monster who lives in the closet and he loves to eat toys.  When he eats them, they are gone.  Alex was so interested in this monster..... (as a side note, the kid is so interested in monsters lately that he is Scooby Doo Crazy, and has asked for a Green Shirt and brown pants for Christmas..... yes folks that is what Shaggy wears.....LOL!!)  Anyway, so I told the kids that Miss Christina's Gunny Sack was having babies and I am going to get one for our basement.  Boy did they clean up tonight.  I threatened a similar thing last time I cleaned out the van, and the van has been relatively clean since.  Humm, funny, how we can pick things up when its put it away or loose it to the trash!   Why did I not do this before????  (I know why.. I can't bare to throw anything away!  All 6 of us are not fitting in this little 3 bdrm duplex much longer.  Some thing's gotta go, either the kids or some of the toys.)  

Another funny story....  we have a few things that the kids have said about Brent working that crack us up and this week Alex came up with a new one.  Brent has been working 12hr shift work this month, so sometimes he is 7a-7p and sometimes 7p-7a.  After a couple night shifts, Alex asked me "Mom is dad part Nocturnal?"  I had to chuckle, "Why do you ask that Alex?"  "Cuz he sometimes works in the night and sleeps in the day."  :-)  Once Tori asked Brent "Daddy, do you live in this house?" and before he could answer, she cut him off  "NO!  You live at the hospital."  And onetime after hearing me leave a message for Brent on his cell phone where I said "just calling to make sure you didn't fall asleep driving home and that your not dead somewhere."  she asked me "Mom is daddy dead?"  Poor kids, they miss their daddy.  
Fortunately this month has been so much better then last.  He is working about 4 12's per week which is SO much better then the October average of 85 hours a week.  (October was horrible and I never want to relive it.  we are just starting to come down off that horror!   I almost increased my meds after that month!  Yikes.  I guess that just goes to show that he must be doing something right when he is home.  Poor guy doesn't get enough credit.
Speaking of giving a guy credit, He gave me my birthday present early.... He got me weekly one on one mac lessons.  I am so excited to take them and learn how to run this sucker to it's fullest potential.   I also got Photo shop, I am excited to learn about that too.  I think I am going to need a cushier chair at this desk :-)  Any way, long enough post, I'm going to go and play with my new toy.  :-)  

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm so happy for you, your new Mac sounds super cool! And yay for the potty training progress and playroom organization too! You've been busy!:)

Kellie said...

Yay for Mac! You'll love it. I have my computer in my kitchen and it works very well. No privacy. Perfect. I'm glad Brent's schedule is a little better now. You're his rock. And how I love IKEA! How fun to organize and make a space more usable and pleasant.

Cami said...

Ok, so apparently I hadn't checked your blog in a while! But your computer is beautiful!