Well well well.... what do you know, I am still alive. I haven't blogged in FOREVER!!! Today I got off the phone with Jeri saying that I needed to go and read with Alex. In the next 15 minutes, I received a phone call from a friend asking me to watch her little one on a day that I already had plans (so I felt bad because she never asks me for anything), Alex knocked a huge frame off the wall and broke it, Liza jumped around the kitchen instead of doing her home work, the dog pooped on the floor and I had to chase him down with Liza laughing hysterically at me, Katie woke up screaming, got up, was served food which she ate a bit of and then rejected the rest with a lot of screaming, and was back down whining at my legs, trying to climb back up inside the womb, and then received another phone call that included some scheduling conflicts that needed to be resolved. I didn't actually sit down to read with Alex until about 30-40 minutes after getting off the phone!! This is why I haven't blogged, my life seems to have been turned upside down. A lot like a new baby turns your life upside down. I feel like we threw in about a 1/2 of a baby. Not quite as crazy as a whole one, this little guy will sleep through the night and I can leave him here when I go shopping. ( I recommend this type of baby for those who are done having babies, it is rather nice to leave them home alone) The potty training, well, he is doing okay, I still don't trust him to tell me when he needs to go out, but I think he is getting there. He defiantly knows when he did something wrong. I have read up some of puppy training and I have a hard time with the concepts. The theory that I have a hard time with, is that they say that a puppy doesn't remember what they did 1 minute after they've done it. So you can't get mad at them for pooping in the house unless you catch them cuz they don't know what you're so mad about. However in the same book they try to tell me that if you take your dog outside and they don't produce with in 5 minuets to take them in and put them back in the crate and try again in 15 minutes. They claim that the dog will learn that when you take them out they need to go potty right away so that they don't go back in the crate. So lets get this straight, Poop exits the animals body on my floor, but he can't remember doing that, but somehow in this tiny little memory of his he is going to remember that last time (2 hours ago ) when I took him out and he didn't produce, I put him back in his crate! Okay either he is stupid or he's not which is it? I think like toddlers they are smarter then we give them credit for. I am not saying that he understands everything that he is being taught, but one thing is for sure, he knows that when I say the word "YUCKY!" he runs for his crate cuz he did it!! And he knows darn well he did! The key I think is getting this little guy to understand that he needs to tell me to take him outside. Then we'll be cruzin'. The kids are still loving him and think that he is great he is fitting in just wonderfully. He as already grown so much
On a totally different note... We have finally come over to the Mac world and will be receiving out new mac sometime this next week! We are so excited. I am a little intimidated too. The kids got their report cards and they both did quite well, I was pleased. The only bad comment was one about Liza doing better at he academics if she would stop visiting with her neighbors. Humm, Liza???? Visiting with her neighbors....... I can't imagine... nor do I have any idea where she would have gotten this trait from??? :-) I don't' think that we can change that much, but I still have to get on her case a bit for it. :-) Well, I have 4 loads of laundry to fold and it is midnight! I better get folding. :-)
7 comments:
wow, that was eventful. I hate it when things all pile up like that. Good luck with your 1/2 a baby. I'm in no mood for that. But I bet your kids just love him.
Have you come up with a name for the puppy yet?
The Mac world is pretty cool. Wish I had more time to play around with the fun features like making movies, etc. :) Just let Jared know if you have any questions.
Wow, I can't even begin to think about potty training a puppy, but how funny is that book! Good luck! He is such a cutie! Have fun with your Mac!!:)
Oh my goodness....I have my hands full trying to keep Maddy trained and thinking about when Devin will follow her lead....a puppy seems to be a little more work! You're great for being so patient in getting though this.
If it'll make you feel better, I have 8 loads of laundry to fold/put away that I've been putting off since Monday!
Whoa, you have been busy! Yes, little doggies are a lot like little children, but you can crate them and leave them alone for long periods of time. Good luck with the potty-training!
From what I understand, doggies don't understand that when they relieve themselves in the wrong place, they don't know they've done anything wrong. They just know that mommy is mad. Course, my sis-in-law would just rub her doggie's nose in it, tell him "NO!" and be done with it. The books don't recommend that, though...
Welcome back to the blogging world. I've missed you. I totally understand the whole puppy thing. Our puppy graduated from puppy training last night.
Life is crazy with kids, and when you throw a dog into the mix, it is definitely interesting.
Yeah, puppies are darling but WOW do they seem like a lot of work. Your life sounds crazy and full. Nice to hear what's happening!
Post a Comment