Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Halloween

Oh dear... a Halloween post on Dec. 8th... something seriously wrong here.
Since I've been trying to get the kids to have responsibility for their own things and earning money. I told them that I wouldn't be buying Halloween costumes this year. They were welcome to use some from the past, make up their own, or even purchase one.

Tori as a "snow leopard". I got a cute little costume for $7 at a discount store.. told her I'd sell it to her for $3.50 (cuz I thought it was cute) and she opted out. Told me to take it back because she was just going to wear all white, paint her face and be a snow leopard. Done!
Liza was informed that because she will be 12 next year, this was her last year of trick or treating. She decided to rummage around and come up with a "Padme" costume. She did this all on her own... right down to asking for duct tape to make the bands on her arms.
Although he has a Darth Vader Costume, that fits, he wanted to be "Anakin".. So he wore a pair of black dress pants, and the shirt and cape off of an old knight costume.
And Katie got to wear a cute little deal that I found at the discount store for 7 bucks... cuz I can still make her decisions... this was probably my last year of that, but it was fun.
We went to the ward party and Trick or Treating on Halloween night. We went around to the couple houses out here, and then packed up the car and drove to a better developed area to do some serious trick or treating. Katie pooped out before the others, of course, but we all made it. :-)

6 comments:

tracey said...

I love that Liza thought of the duct tape herself. I am the anti purchase for Halloween grinch. I HATE spending $ on Halloween. Good for your kids coming up with some cool costumes! A lot more exciting when it's your own idea I am sure.

Drea said...

Super cool costumes!! Man, you're kids are cute!!

Barbara said...

what great costume ideas! Im so impressed! Good Job Guys! :)

Holly said...

Cute little Halloween kids!!!!

couplabz said...

LOVE Liza's costume! They're all great, but that was really creative of her. Tell her not to give up on trick or treating, free candy, need I say more?

Jeffy said...

GREAT costumes! Very fun.