Monday, March 30, 2009

The Big Weekend

This past Wednesday my mom came into town in wednesday night and by Thursday at 5:30 am Brent and I were headed to the airport to fly out to TN for the weekend.  Oh how I wished that we were flying off to a tropical destination, where we would bask in the Sun and sand, and drink Margaritas by the water, but we were off on another mission.  One that was fun, but not so relaxing.  We had our funding already lined up and had researched homes and schools on line for weeks in advance.  On day one being Thursday, we arrived in TN at 9:30 am, we were with the realtor by 11:30 and looking at homes before 1.  We looked at 12 homes that day!!! Yes!  12!  Some were a quick look, others I stood there and drew detailed floor plans of them.  We found that in new builds you have to be careful, as some builders really cut corners, we are pretty sharp now on identifying a good/bad builder.  We found that one of our favorites on line, was a smoker, so we didn't even look.  :0(  After a long day of looking, we went to the hotel and looked them over, and looked at what we needed to see on Friday.  Met Peggy (realtor) at 10 and were back out looking at houses in no time.  We saw about 9 more homes, narrowed the search to 2 favorites and took them home to look over and pray about.  On Sat. Morning we put a bid in on this home.
Ain't she a beauty?  Too bad it was a crumby day, and not sunny.  That is Peggy's van in the drive way, and yes, I was born in a barn.  (I ran out to take the picture and left the door open. )  LOL!
Here is Brent waving from the deck.  The part of the house that is Vinyl is the Fireplace.  We're told they didn't do brick there because it is easier to get in behind the fireplace if something goes wrong if there is Vinyl back there.
Anyone who knows me, knows that I am Kitchen picky.  I really had a hard time with the kitchens, there are not a lot of eat in kitchens now a days, so we found this that has a spot for the kids on the other side of the sink, or even a little table in the kitchen, but the Dining room will be used for when all 6 of us sit down.  
This is the Great room.  This will serve the purpose that our basement play room serves right now.  The kids are going to love this space.  It is so fun!  All 4 of the 5 bedrooms in the house feed off of this great room.  Liza will have a bathroom all to her self and Alex and Tori/Katie will share a Jack and Jill style bathroom.  Ah, it will be wonderful.  We have enough room to split Tori and Katie, but they are looking forward to sharing a room, so we'll see how  long I get to keep my craft room  :o)
Just had to throw in a picture of my beautiful light fixture (this is in the Mast bathroom.  Nice eh?)

This is looking down the stairs at the front door.  Hard wood floors in the entry, hall and dining room.  Carpet  everywhere else.  
This fabulous little park I can see from my back windows, so i can keep and eye on the kids as they play.  It is in such a quiet subdivision that is mandated by law to have sidewalks, so when all the homes are done being built the kids will be able to ride around the block  without getting off the sidewalk.  For now, the center area where the park is located has the sidewalk done all the way around, so the kids can ride over there.  (YIPEE FOR SIDEWALKS)

Just hours before we left on Sunday evening, papers were signed, the bid was accepted, pictures were taken, windows measured for window coverings, the sold sign was up, and lock box was taken off the door.  YIPEE!!  What a weekend.  We are pooped, but feel like we accomplished a ton!  May post more later.  SO there you have it. :-)  I would post a floor plan, but the blog isn't locked and I don't want some creep to know his way around my house!  Notice that I didn't say where in TN, nor did I say a subdivision, and I Photo shopped the front of the house so you can't tell the address.  (tricky eh.?)  Email me if you want any of that info.  :-)  TTFN

20 comments:

Jared - Christina said...

Your kids are going to get LOST in your new house!! It's beautiful! I can't wait to come see you there. Love the sidewalk concept. Who knew THAT could be a good idea? Certainly not the planners here! Talk to you soon!

Kellie said...

Congratulations! It really is beautiful. I will be dropping you a line to see if you'll within a reasonable drive of my sis.

couplabz said...

It looks like a great house. I love the back deck and the fact that you can see the playground. How great is that! Congratulations!

Tracy said...

What a great place! I love the park and the big rooms! So excited for you. You will be missed though! You and your man look so happy!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great house. You will love haveing so much more room. I also love the chandelier in the MB it looks alot like mine. I don't think its identical but really close. Let me know your new contact info when you get all moved so I can keep in touch. Congrats! Sallie Jones

Corinne said...

Oh my WORD! Perfection! I am so thrilled for you - that playground is great! And I LOVE the house - way to go :)

Jeri said...

It's gorgeous! Look at the huge kitchen, and the park within view is too good to be true! Congrats and the new home!!

Tricia said...

I love the brick and I agree your kids are for sure to love all the room this is going to give you. The yard looks like a great size too. When is the official move day?

Jenni said...

Yay!! What an awesome house!! I am so happy for you guys!!:)

tracey said...

It looks like such a great place!! I can't wait to visit! I have always wanted to visit "the south"
You will LOVE having sidewalks! It's a whole new world. Nice that the park is so close too!
Now we can SHARE the joys of dark hardwood :D They ARE so beautiful when they are clean.
Now you can REALLY get excited.

Bill Cook said...

WOW, it looks and sounds VERY NICE! Something to look forward to in a couple of months. Congratulations. It sure will be nice to have some extra living space. Looking forward to making use of that extra bedroom once you are settled.

Tara said...

Congrats!! The house looks beautiful.

Drea said...

Congratulations!! It's beautiful!! I am so glad that you found something so wonderful and perfect for you family! I can't wait to come visit. :)

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

Hooray Christie, that is wonderful that went so smoothly! I love the chandelier and the pretty wood floors!

Cami said...

YAY! Congrats. I'm actually very very jealous. The house I'm renting is so small and so unlike what I want and need that I'm already going a little crazy. So, at least, though we sold our house nice and fast, you got into yours even faster and that's really what counts. Building will take a while . . .

Amber said...

Man that is beautiful!! I am so happy and sitting here jealous. Look at your kitchen and all the space, the grass, the bedrooms, the yard and play area!! All of it is awesome. I will miss you but man that is going to be so so nice. How far away will you be? Congrats!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Yipeee! I bet you are up at night planning where the furniture will go. I would love to have that kitchen! So TN? What happened to KY? Did they change it on you? Is the army playing with your emotions? Well you got a beautiful house and yard....so who cares! Can't wait to see it decorated.

kristin said...

very nice!! you're going to love living there! congrats!!

Jann said...

Christie, it is just beautiful. I love it. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful! You are going to love it!

Tobie