Today katie was climbing around on my lap and I said to her "what do I look like to you?" with out missing a beat she said "pretty." AWWWW. What a doll.
The house hit the market last Saturday. Phewf what a job! It doesn't look good tho. The market isn't moving very quickly and there are some nice homes out there to compete with. :-( I love our house, I just hope someone else out there will love it too. So here is a list of things that are TA DONE!
-painted all cupboards in bathrooms
-replaced lighting and vanities in 2 bathrooms
-painted: 2 bathrooms, living room, hall, 2 stairwells, and family room.
-took 3 truck loads of stuff to storage (thanks again Cari)
-endless bags of trash to the curb
-one trip to the dump (still needed)
-mulch in flower beds
-disassembled and got rid of 1 crib and 1 toddler bed
-patch painted kitchen
-cleaned out pantry and all cabinets
-painted front door, then found out that HOA is not going to like that.... oops.
-coaxed Brent into cleaning up his stuff.... LOL
There are so many more things we could do... I'm still avoiding a few of them, but eventually right? It has been a trip and a half. I told Brent the other night, that this was BY FAR the hardest thing I have ever done. We have moved like 14 times, and all but one of those moves, I have single handedly packed up and unpacked the whole house. The only part anyone helped me with was the putting of boxes into a truck and out of a truck. But the whole taking what you have, assessing it as to weather you keep it, or throw it, and if you keep it, then do you store it or stage it. And if you are going to store it, then do you REALLY need it. UHG! Then the fact that we have moved at least every 2 years in the past and here, we settled in for 4 years. WOW double the crap accumulated! Add to that the frosting of the stress of weather or not you are going to get out of your home w/0 paying a fortune. Oh dear. But the house looks amazing, and I wish that I could live like this forever. I think that the experience of living in a house w/o all that stuff has really been a lesson to me on what we can do with out. :-) I have some perfectionistic qualities and I usually harbor them for the sake of my children, so it has been "fun" to let them out, and see my house the way that I LOVE it to be. :-) We'll keep everyone posted on what is going on as far as assignments, and showings. As of today, the house has been on the market 1 week. We have had 4 showings. I think that is not too bad in this market. Hopefully we have one today or tomorrow too. If not, we're ready when they call. :-) The army is supposed to be in touch with us... nothing still. We'll see.
9 comments:
Oh, I want to see your uncluttered home! I'll bet it looks great. I can't believe all you've done with the packing. That's crazy. You are amazing!
I can't believe how much you've done. That's amazing - I'm sure it looks fantastic! And I think four showings is a lot!
I want to see pictures too! I bet it looks great you have a wonderful home. I am so glad you have had so many showings it will all work out!
The house does look fantastic!! You have done a great job! -I know the kids are loving their zones right now =)
Your house does look great. I checked it out on your website. I learned also that I have a lot of stuff when it came to moving time. Ah....crap....look at all my crap. I could live with only a 10th of it!
Great job getting your house on the market. That is a major job.
Oh man, I agree. Seriously a hard time. You have done great. There is a time when you just have to say enough is enough! The buyers will ask you to do plenty after you are under contract anyway. Ugh. That's no fun either. Good luck with everything. You're doing great!
Wow, you have done so much! That's a lot of showings and I really hope you get an offer soon! I can't believe you've moved 14 times! Wow!
Oh boy... I remember when we put our house on the market.. crazy stuff. I hope it all goes well for you!!!
Post a Comment