Although, I have yet to blog my summer... I keep not blogging other stuff, and it's bugging me that I am so behind... so.... I must share the story from tonight.
Yesterday I went to a consignment sale, I got lots of goodies, for fairly good prices. Katie thinks that she got the luckiest, because she not only got a pair of "piggy pj's" but also a "Horsey outfit". The Horsey outfit has the cutest little character style horses on the skirt, and the shirt, and the matching little vest. It IS a very cute little combo. She of course HAD to wear it today to preschool!
As she was getting ready for bed tonight she put on her piggy pjs and showed me that she was wearing them. Then she pointed to the laundry basket and said... "I love these jamies, I am NEVER putting them in there!" I chuckled to myself, as I remembered that this past laundry stretch was a rather LONG one... nearly 2 weeks. (she was likely missing some of her favorite outfits for some time, and was blaming the laundry basket)
About 5 minutes later, I found the horsey outfit on top of her dresser. "Katie, this needs to be washed honey." Tossing it carelessly into the "BASKET OF DOOM!!" OH THE TEARS MY FRIENDS...... OH THE TEARS.... you would think that I'd thrown it in the trash. Because I just did laundry for her and Tori yesterday, I realized that indeed, she would be with out her new favorite outfit for at least a week. I took sympathy on the girl, I know how it is to have a favorite shirt or jeans, and have them miss laundry day. I pulled it out of the basket and told her that I would wash them tonight with my laundry. The tears continued for some time.... we're talking 20-30 minutes, despite the fact that I kept trying to explain it. Finally, when calmed down, just a bit, she was able to understand when i told her.... "the horsey outfit is in the washer... right now.... it is wet and soapy.... in a few minutes, I am going to put it in the dryer... then it will roll around and get dry. I will fold it tonight and put it right here.... on your floor. It will be clean, and you can wear it tomorrow to the gym to show all your friends."
A little sniffle, and a snuggle of her stuffed pigs and she was off to dream land.
I just thought it was SOOOO funny that she was so sure that the laundry basket was the last she'd see of her outfit!! LOL I love this girl!!
10 comments:
I love it! I am so glad that my hamper is not the only one viewed as the bottomless pit where clothes go to never be seen again...at least for a week or two!
LOL! too, too cute! :)
Funny story!! You know, sometimes I feel the same way when I put my favorite jeans in our laundry basket!:)
That is so funny! What a cutie!
Oh that is so cute! We've had some pretty long stretches with laundry around here too. :)
Amen! Sounds like laundry around our house. :) Katie is a cutie.
I must say I can see why she wouldn't want to put it in the basket. It was adorable on her. I love my Katiebug!
Great story and so glad to have a post from you. I can picture your little one going through this vale of tears.
Haha:) sometimes I feel that way about my basket- things seriously get lost in there!
Katie is just so cute! She always loves your "finds" :)
Lol .... love this little story ... so glad you blogged it! There are a lot of people who feel that way about their laundry baskets, Katie just puts it all into perspective.
We miss the blogs, blog some more, blog some more!! :)
Post a Comment