Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th 2010 (only a month late)

We had a good time on both July 3rd and 4th. On the 4th we took a few little fireworks out to the community pavilion to play around. Last year a few families went out there... this year.. we managed to get a few to join us for a bit, but it didn't turn out like I thought it would. I shall organize it next year and see if it goes off any better.
Here are Tori and Katie with Max and Lanie.. They had a great time, just the right speed for little ones. Cookies and sparklers and glow sticks! Oh my!
I am guessing that it's because we live in the bible belt, but the 4th of July Fireworks were on Saturday night (3rd) this year. Maybe I am wrong and they always just do it on the closest Saturday, but I was tickled none the less that the big even was happening on a Saturday! I bought glow necklaces for the kids, and I think they had more fun with the hard plastic casing for the necklaces then with the necklaces themselves. They turned into weapons (of course) and the battle was furious.
We took some KFC out there by the river to eat while we waited for the sun to go down. It was a lovely evening, spent with friends! Michelle and I got to play with our cameras in the beautiful light

And we got to witness, AND photograph another beautiful TN sunset!!
Did I tell you that I LOVE my camera? What fun!! And the fireworks weren't 1/2 bad either! They were actually REALLY great! The finally was SO HUGE that you could hardly see the fireworks a midst all the smoke! It was cool. the wait to get out of the parking lot..... NOT COOL. But we sure had a good time.
Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

6L's said...

girl, i'm right w/ya...i still haven't posted 4th of july!

Barbara said...

Love your picts! those are some beautiful sunsets!