
I have to give and update on the twins. They have been eaten by (I believe) the grackles in my yard. :-( I was so sad, I wanted to see those little guys hatch and learn to fly. I researched Robins and found out that they don't incubate their eggs until there are 3 or 4 in a nest, and they also will only lay one egg a day. Therefor they first and second and sometimes 3rd egg just sit in the nest vulnerable for a few days. Isn't that interesting..... it is a wonder that any robin eggs service that. Their eggs are such a beautiful bright color, how do they not get seen by other birds, and squirrels? Anyway, so their predators are Crows, black birds, grackles, and squirrels. All of which I have seen in my back yard, but the Grackles had the guiltiest look on their smug little iridescent faces. :-) So the story ends. :-(
Yesterday I hosted Giant Journals Group at my house and my dear friend Jeri took my kids so that I could frantically clean up my house so that the ladies who come to journaling didn't have to wash their feet after leaving my house. I am so grateful for good friends. The people that I know here in Maryland are great, I feel so loved and excepted by all of them. It will sure be hard to leave in a few years, and go to some podunk army base somewhere in the middle of no where. :-( Journaling was great, it sure was nice to get it out again and spend some time with my self. I find that my quiet moments lately have been occupied by thoughts of my family and the troubles there. I have generally avoided being alone for that reason, but I permitted myself a few moments last night. I am starting to come around and I am trying to learn how do deal with this in the most Christ like manner that I can. I sure miss my Mother in Law. I wish that she were here to council me through this, she was such a wonderful example in my life of Christ like behavior. I won't go off on that too much as I am suppose to touch on that subject on Sunday in Relief Society. Speaking of my mother in law, I called the new wife last night for her Birthday....(big sigh) I need to learn how to hug that porcupine!!!!! Ohh, she rubs me the wrong way. I am sure that a lot of it is me, I need to grow up a bit. Any who, kids are coming home. I am trying to compile a 100 things I am thankful for list. :-) Wait for it. :-)
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Lately....
Posted by Christie at 3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hang in there Christie! You sure did a great job hosting last night with your usual batch of fantastic baked goods. Sorry about your twins. Those meanies!!!
It was tons of fun the other night!! Lovely cupcakes!! I can't imagine how hard your family stuff is right now, but if you ever need to talk or avoid alone time give me a call. I look forward to your part of RS this Sunday - feel free to take lots of time if I'm the one after you!! :)
I am looking forward to RS too. I haven't heard a peep from you about this, so it must be a surprise.
I am sorry about the eggs too. I was looking forward to the future pictures, and stories.
I am thinking of you too. I wish I'd been at journaling :)
The eggs being eaten makes me sad. How lucky that you got to see the eggs at least!
Post a Comment