Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Truth Be Told


So I thought I would begin my blog by telling the truth. I have been battling this issue for a long time. The show that we all feel we need to put on for each other. Yes, we don't need to live like pigs, nor do we need to have people come and see our worst side. But come now ladies, who's kitchen doesn't look like this a few times a week? I know that I personally feel so much pressure to create this image of the perfect clutter less sparkling clean house, when really, this is not me. So, I have stepped out of my closet, and invite you all to do the same. My house is Far from perfect and I plan to continue to post pictures when my house is so bad that it is laughable. You know those moments.... when you just can't even believe the mess that they can make in just a day or two. :-)

4 comments:

Mendy said...

You did it, Christie! You posted your "hot spot!" Awesome. I am just not there; I still would have to silence/blind anyone who actually saw my bedroom.

Jeri said...

I feel they same way Mendy does. I wouldn't feel embarrassed for my friends to see....but my Mom reads my blog. She may just fly out her to see if I am on my death bed if I post a "real" picture of my house! =)

Jenni said...

What a great way to start your blog - amazing honesty!! I love it Christie, yet I too am just not there yet!! :)

Joni said...

HI Christie! Found your site off Jenni's. On my site I've got a picture of the playroom and kitchen when both were a complete disaster. I think it's remarkable how crazy a room can get in a short amount of time. The posts are over a year old, but I do have them!